Cc Cp Hank Greenwood Adba

LASTONESTANDING

Please be advised that it has come to our attention that the dangerous dog legislation passed and used by the Victorian Government uses the conformation standard for the American Pit Bull Terrier authored by the American Dog Breeders Association Inc. (ADBA) and violates copyrights owned by this corporation. Please immediately cease and desist the use of the ADBA American Pit Bull Terrier breed standards for all purposes outside those explicitly authorized in writing by the ADBA.

Our investigation leads us to believe that legislation passed impermissibly copies the breed standards. Use of these breed standards is explicitly authorized only for assessing the quality of these dogs at ADBA shows by ADBA breeders and sanctioned judges. All other uses, including reproduction in municipal or legislative codes, infringe upon ADBA’s copyrights and are expressly prohibited. Expropriating the breed standards into public domain by incorporating them into legislation is a violation of ADBA’s ownership rights under 17 U.S.C. 5 201(e) and protection afforded by the Berne Convention

The breed standards were drafted for the specific purpose of assessing the quality of American pit bull terriers; the standards do not, and cannot, serve as an identifying checklist distinguishing permitted from forbidden dogs in your jurisdiction. When used in such a manner, the legislation is so vague that dog owners will have insufficient notice as to whether their dog is affected.

This legislation amounts to the forced deprivation of private property by operation of law in contravention of dog owners’ procedural Due Process rights. The legislation will ineffectively distinguish between dangerous and safe dogs, and so is not reasonably related to the problem meant to be addressed. This violates dog owners’ Equal Protection rights. Finally, the legislation vastly diminishes the value of these dogs, amounting to a taking by regulation.

The ADBA is strongly opposed to the aim of this legislation, which is to punish law-abiding owners of a safe, venerable breed of dog. Again, this legislation violates ADBA’s ownership rights in its breed standards.

Consequently, the ADBA demands that you cease and desist any further unauthorized use of its breed standards and abandon this legislation.

Sincerely,

Hank Greenwood

President / CEO / Chairman of the Board American Dog Breeders Association Inc.

Edited by LASTONESTANDING

An official letter from ADBA on an ADBA letterhead In this regard Is here for everyone to share

LINK

Thank you

Ok I'm a bit confused sorry, is this letter actually a response to the Vic laws or just an overall stance on BSL? If it is a response to the Vic laws, then why are there two different letters and are either of them actually addressed to anyone in particular or just for the public to use? Sorry I'm not sure if I am missing something obvious.

An official letter from ADBA on an ADBA letterhead In this regard Is here for everyone to share

LINK

Thank you

Ok I'm a bit confused sorry, is this letter actually a response to the Vic laws or just an overall stance on BSL? If it is a response to the Vic laws, then why are there two different letters and are either of them actually addressed to anyone in particular or just for the public to use? Sorry I'm not sure if I am missing something obvious.

I don't know anything about the letter In the OP here and as to why It's different.

A few people contacted Hank In regards to what Is happening In Victoria and what I've linked that was his written response

with consent from Hank himself that It can be used and shared providing It stays Intact and nothing changed

LINK

Thank you

I don't know anything about the letter In the OP here and as to why It's different.

A few people contacted Hank In regards to what Is happening In Victoria and what I've linked that was his written response

with consent from Hank himself that It can be used and shared providing It stays Intact and nothing changed

Ok thanks :)

Edited by Kiara&Heidi