Yuk Yuk Yuk! Riley's New Habit

Simply Grand

It's been raining for a few days and obviously the snails are out. Riley keeps bringing them inside and CRUNCHING then if I don't notice in time :vomit:

I can handle most things (i've become very blase about disposing of dead mice and rats the cat brings in, and can just about handle the odd cat poo eating from Riley) but I HATE snails and slugs. They're bad enough just crawling around outside minding their own business but sliming around on my lounge room floor!! or crunched in my puppy's mouth... too much :vomit::vomit::vomit:

Guest Black Obsession

Eeeeeewww! That is sooo gross!

My first Lab used to catch and eat Huntsmans, which was very helpful considering that I have Arachnophobia...but the crunching sound was unbearable!

ETA

Huntsmans that had made their way inside...she only ever caught one once that was outside, and it was on the window near her bed.

Edited by Black Obsession

I really don't like slugs or snails either so I can sympathize. My dog when she was a puppy somehow managed to pick off the shell of a snail. It revolting but fascinating! She came in with a slug on her paw the other night and she was shaking it and I was standing waaaay back because if it got on me you would hear the shrieks!!! :laugh:

My old Kelpie used to catch flys on the window - golly - slim up the fly spit it out and check it couldnt move becasue of spit - then throw her shoulder into it and roll it into the ground. It was hysterical to watch - even to the point that if the fly looked like it would move before she squashed it - she would re-slim it. strange dog! :)

Edited by Tapua

Guest Black Obsession

:eek: :eek: This thread now has me terrified that Kyojin is going to start eating foul things and bring them into the house :cry::vomit:

Don't worry Minxy, my Lab protected me from the intruders that came inside. She didn't bring them in from outside.

Their is a worm that dogs can get from snails.

Now I am not sure if we in Australia have that particular snail, but I am sure with all the clever people on this forum we should soon be able to find out.

I think it is rat lungworm. :confused: A really nasty parasite too. I remember reading about it when my pup went through a prolific snail-crunching phase! :eek:

Aaaahhh! Monah, your human child ate them?!? That's so much worse! But you can embarrass her with it for the rest of her life :)

Because I'm so grossed out by the snails I've closed the dog door and am only taking Riley outside supervised so he doesn't get them. Hopefully he doesn't catch that worm from the ones he already munched.

wuffles, very glad to hear Ava grew out if it! I hope Riley does before the next bout of rain.