Excited At The Tv

Dixetti

Hi all,

This is my first real post but it is something that has amused me for a while with my new rescue dog Dusty. Every time the AAMI ad with the swans and the song "A little bird" comes she will get up from wherever she is (an indoor dog), even if she's asleep and dive through the dog door to the back yard - looking for, well, who knows what she's looking for.

It's not a problem behaviour - just a very funny one. She doesn't do it with anything else, just that ad.

Anyone else's dog love that ad?

post-30619-0-70298400-1317551306_thumb.jpg

LOL that's so cute. Nah my Sasha doesn't do that. Although sometimes when we watch something and puppies are on the screen making puppy noises she looks for a while. I don't know if its because she wants to make sure everyone is ok. I have noticed at dog school if a puppy yelps or makes puppy sounds, she always wants to make sure they are ok LOL and for a while whenever we watched the zoo and it had meerkats, she was just fasinated by it but nothing like this. So cute how your pup recognises the song and wants to have a look LOL.

I'm a bit embarrased to admit it but....my BC Cody (RIP) used to alert to the theme music to the Bold and the Beautiful!!!! I blame my mum for that! :laugh: He would also react to any animal shows. He would run around looking to the back and sides of the TV to see if they would come out!

My dog loves watching any tv shows with animals, or the football. He will get up and run to the tv and just stand in front of it and watch. When the horse racing is on the news he looks around the back of the tv to see where all the horses went after they run off the side of the screen.

I think it's pretty cute.

Here's a photo of Snowy watching Napoleon (with the puppy golden retriever)

26092011182.jpg

:laugh: my dog Maggie will jump up and bark any time there's a dog or animal on TV, and if there are puppies or small dogs crying etc she will try and find them behind/under the tv. So CUTE :D

The best thing though, I was watching something with my housemates last night and Maggie was sleeping, then this sex scene came on and Maggie JUMPED up and started barking and jumping up on the TV. :thumbsup:

Bella tends to stare intently at the television if there are dogs running on, she doesn't seem so interested if they're not moving much. The thing that usually gets her attention is the RSPCA ad with all the animals walking across the screen. Last week she stared at the TV while there were Salukis on, not looking away, but lost interest as soon as another breed was featured. I think she may be a bit breed-ist!

My boy howls at the Antiques Roadshow theme music he started as a puppy and is now five and half and continues everytime he hears it.

funny this - my mums dogs used to get all excited by this music at the end, because they knew it was either walk or dinner time!

Sonny has always been a TV watcher. He loves all the animal ad's / shows, horse races, footy,tennis, anything that is moving really. It's so funny :laugh: He races up to the tele barking ( too bad if we just happened to be trying

to watch something :o ). He used to go around the back of the TV & even go outside looking for the action when he was younger,now he just returns to his beanbag LOL. What really is quite weird though is if I am watching the CI

channel or the news comes on & there is a "baddy" he goes off his head, growling, barking & his hackles up with his face about 2 inches off the screen. Soon as an ad comes on he returns to his beanbag again & continues watching.

Our lounge room is a very funny place to be :laugh::crazy:

Edited by BC Crazy

Our first greyhound used to try and race the dogs into the corner of the tele if we put dog racing on, and no he had never raced a day in his life. He also got extremely excited by barking dogs on there as well. :laugh: