6.30 Project Tonight Segment On Dogs Slaughtered For Their Coats In Au

Guest donatella

According to the report the skin/fur is being used to make Australian goods manufactured in Asia that are then sold here.

:cry: I've known for yrs abt GSDs being skinned alive in China for their fur but was unaware it is being sold here! Did you catch what they sell here?

This is the reason i avoid anything to do with China. I even refused to watch the 08 olympics cos i knew that just up the road from the main arena this horric cruelty was happening :(:cry:

It was a horrific segment. The goods they showed were a fur coat that was part dog and a pair of Mugg Ugg boots. Here's some links to news articles on the story. I won't post the contents as some may find the details too upsetting.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/down-under/dog-meat-fur-canine-coat-raccoon-uggboot-muggboot-video

http://www.news.com.au/features/environment/australian-fur-trade-using-cruel-raccoon-dog-from-china-in-clothes-and-ugg-boots/story-e6frflp0-1226157064496

Thank you for the info Snook. Yes i have seen the pics of the sheps but will never watch the vids, i do srsly think my mental health would suffer, i would never get those screams out of my head :cry:

I have a section of my myspace site dedicated to sheps in the chinese fur trade though, just so ppl can see what is happening there.

Guest Black Obsession

Why does the title say they were slaughtered in 'Au'? Implies Australia???

Also, maybe this could be moved to the Cruelty section of the News forum? Many people, myself included, will find this upsetting....

Yes, please move it.

I found 7 skinned Alsation puppies on a bush track near my house when I was a kid. My parents reported it to the RSPCA and the offenders were caught and charged.

It was a horrifying experience and I don't feel like re-living it.

Also, maybe this could be moved to the Cruelty section of the News forum? Many people, myself included, will find this upsetting....

Yes, please move it.

I found 7 skinned Alsation puppies on a bush track near my house when I was a kid. My parents reported it to the RSPCA and the offenders were caught and charged.

:cry: I bet they got off with a slap on the wrist too if the fines are anything like they are today :( How awful! Im so sorry you had to see something like that.

Guest Black Obsession

Yes, please move it.

:cry: I bet they got off with a slap on the wrist too if the fines are anything like they are today :( How awful! Im so sorry you had to see something like that.

I think they took it pretty seriously. The RSPCA Inspector and the police came to our house to interview me. They even came back another time to tell us that the people responsible had been charged. The Inspector said they had been watching these people and suspected it had been going on for a while but they had no proof.

Yes, please move it.

I think they took it pretty seriously. The RSPCA Inspector and the police came to our house to interview me. They even came back another time to tell us that the people responsible had been charged. The Inspector said they had been watching these people and suspected it had been going on for a while but they had no proof.

I god thats so awful! Im SO glad they found them, esp if they suspected they were repeat offenders! Im so glad you and your family dobed them in! Makes me sick to think ppl do this to dogs (esp my heart breed) right here in oz. I know in the other thread you said you were wary of GSDs in general but im so thankful you and your fam brought these animals to justice, as you said, no creature deserves this!

I learned about this back when I was about 3 mths pregnant with Jack in 2006.

I was at work and somehow googled it. They had video footage of it and it made me sick. I cried and cried and cried. I would come home at lunch to see my own furbabies and just give them a big hug.

Many of the dogs they showed were still alive. I will not go into details as it is too distressing.

I just felt so helpless being so far away and not being able to do anything... It is an awful awful death for any animal to have to go through. The way they transported them was appauling too, stuffed into crates on the road for days on end - many don't make the trip to the market. :(

Also many of the dogs were pets that had been stolen. :(

Guest Black Obsession

Yes, please move it.

I god thats so awful! Im SO glad they found them, esp if they suspected they were repeat offenders! Im so glad you and your family dobed them in! Makes me sick to think ppl do this to dogs (esp my heart breed) right here in oz. I know in the other thread you said you were wary of GSDs in general but im so thankful you and your fam brought these animals to justice, as you said, no creature deserves this!

Yes, they were repeat offenders who moved from property to property. I was only 7 and the scale of it all didn't really hit me. My best friend and I cried when we saw them lying there. They were probably about 12 weeks old.

A friend's German Shepherd bit me savagely when I was 12. Unfortunately, it put me off them.

Yes, please move it.

Yes, they were repeat offenders who moved from property to property. I was only 7 and the scale of it all didn't really hit me. My best friend and I cried when we saw them lying there. They were probably about 12 weeks old.

A friend's German Shepherd bit me savagely when I was 12. Unfortunately, it put me off them.

Again im so sorry :(

Sorry you were bitten by one :/ I can understand why you don't like them, esp as you were so young when you were bitten. I had the same experience with a friends maltese lol but as u can imagine it wasnt as bad as a GSD bite. But in saying that i have grown up with them, love them more than anything and will fight as hard as i can to stop them being caught up in BSL.

Guest Black Obsession

Yes, please move it.

Sorry you were bitten by one :/ I can understand why you don't like them, esp as you were so young when you were bitten. I had the same experience with a friends maltese lol but as u can imagine it wasnt as bad as a GSD bite. But in saying that i have grown up with them, love them more than anything and will fight as hard as i can to stop them being caught up in BSL.

I love all dogs and I would never dislike a dog because of its breed. I'm just wary of them after being bitten. For years, the scar on my arm looked like a smiley face hee hee, but it has faded now.

I had no idea that German Shepherds were caught up in BSL! That is terrible! I'm strongly against the discrimination of any breed. Good on you for fighting for them

:thumbsup:

Yes, please move it.

I love all dogs and I would never dislike a dog because of its breed. I'm just wary of them after being bitten. For years, the scar on my arm looked like a smiley face hee hee, but it has faded now.

I had no idea that German Shepherds were caught up in BSL! That is terrible! I'm strongly against the discrimination of any breed. Good on you for fighting for them

:thumbsup:

Well nothing is happening to them yet in regards to BSL but there has been an outcry on many public news boards that ppl want all "aggressive" breeds banned and mentioning sheps, rotts and dobes ect

There was also a rumour here a few wks back that vic gov are planning on adding them to list soon but we dont know if it really is legit or just another rumour :(

Thank you tho :)