6.30 Project Tonight Segment On Dogs Slaughtered For Their Coats In Au

Guest donatella

Why does the title say they were slaughtered in 'Au'? Implies Australia???

Also, maybe this could be moved to the Cruelty section of the News forum? Many people, myself included, will find this upsetting....

Yes, please move it.

I found 7 skinned Alsation puppies on a bush track near my house when I was a kid. My parents reported it to the RSPCA and the offenders were caught and charged.

It was a horrifying experience and I don't feel like re-living it.

:cry: I bet they got off with a slap on the wrist too if the fines are anything like they are today :( How awful! Im so sorry you had to see something like that.

I think they took it pretty seriously. The RSPCA Inspector and the police came to our house to interview me. They even came back another time to tell us that the people responsible had been charged. The Inspector said they had been watching these people and suspected it had been going on for a while but they had no proof.

Did they skin them alive ? Its not against the law to skin a dead animal and in some states of Australia as long as you dont kill them cruelly you can still eat them as long as you dont cut their tails off first.

Guest Black Obsession

Why does the title say they were slaughtered in 'Au'? Implies Australia???

Also, maybe this could be moved to the Cruelty section of the News forum? Many people, myself included, will find this upsetting....

Yes, please move it.

I found 7 skinned Alsation puppies on a bush track near my house when I was a kid. My parents reported it to the RSPCA and the offenders were caught and charged.

It was a horrifying experience and I don't feel like re-living it.

:cry: I bet they got off with a slap on the wrist too if the fines are anything like they are today :( How awful! Im so sorry you had to see something like that.

I think they took it pretty seriously. The RSPCA Inspector and the police came to our house to interview me. They even came back another time to tell us that the people responsible had been charged. The Inspector said they had been watching these people and suspected it had been going on for a while but they had no proof.

Did they skin them alive ? Its not against the law to skin a dead animal and in some states of Australia as long as you dont kill them cruelly you can still eat them as long as you dont cut their tails off first.

I don't know if they skinned them alive. What a macabre thought. I don't think the adults (the Inspector, the police, my parents) would have told me if they had, me being only 7 years old :eek:

Edited by Black Obsession

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sorry i know this is the wrong segment but this is horrifically sad

they just showed a german shephard skinned live :cry: :cry: :cry: WTF!!

I changed channels right at that point. It made me sick, violently angry & broke my heart as even though they never showed the footage, they showed the lead up & the soundtrack.

Guest donatella

Watched the video on YouTube for some of the stuff that happens in China.

The dog had been skinned, but was still alive and moving after, as it looked into the camera. :(.

Seriously depressing.

WARNING EXTREMELY GRAPHIC:

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DsLcgxIGTFRs

i dont think i can watch that and actually sleep tonight. do they at least take long to die after being skinned? it makes me sick to my stomach, i just can't believe the human race sometimes, the things we do to animals is unforgivable. :(

Guest donatella

my brother has put me onto a movie/documentary called Earthlings http://www.earthlings.com/ (you can watch the trailer there). its about the things humans do to animals, the trailer made me want to cry i'm actually not sure i can watch the whole movie, i just can't believe these sort of things happen :cry:

my brother has put me onto a movie/documentary called Earthlings http://www.earthlings.com/ (you can watch the trailer there). its about the things humans do to animals, the trailer made me want to cry i'm actually not sure i can watch the whole movie, i just can't believe these sort of things happen :cry:

I personally think every human on the plantet should watch the documentary ' Earthlings'...makes me hang my head in shame to be human at times... :cry: