Letter To The Editor - Death Of Abandoned Dog

HollyMilo

OMG thats horrible, I know exactly where that is... its just up the road from where I live. :cry: I wonder what happened to the dogs body... if theres some chance that he may have been microchipped once upon a time... maybe it would be possible to find this a$$. Ill be spreading and sharing....

Someone must know who this person is. :mad :mad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! that is so very heart wrenching .. RIP sweet soul.

we need to keep in mind that the heartless act of one person revealed the wonderful acts of compassion and kindness of the writer of the letter and the family as well as the two young men involved.. may the Gods heap blessings upong them

Helen

what goes around comes around, whoever did this will eventually get punished for their ruthless actions.

I believe in Karma, Rottie. It could already be happening - I put the story up on facebook and some friends are sharing it. It's a heartbreaking story to read, but the more people that know, the wider scope there is to act on it - that somebody might have noticed this creep and gotten his number, that somebody thinking the same might think twice, that somebody who witnesses the same may pull over and help a dog in the future.

That made me cry :(

me too.

I actually cannot comprehend how someone can carelessly dump their dog like that without becoming upset of the thought of him/her being confused, frightened and alone. Every time I read stories like this, I just imagine Orbit and how totally petrified he'd be being left alone like that and I just bawl my eyes out.

RIP doggy and I'm sorry your life was what it was.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I hate people sometimes!! Hope karma comes back a thousand fold.

so do i, humans can be so cold and ruthless! animals are so defenceless which is why f*****g idiots take advantage of it, i'm sensitive to any kind of animal cruelty because animals just don't deserve it :mad

OMG :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Such powerful words and sooo incredibly sad.

I can't believe someone could be so cruel to leave their poor dog at the side of the road and just drive off. Gosh RIP little guy. I"m soo glad he got to know some human kindness before he was soo cruely snatched away.

:clap: to whoever wrote this. I hope your words find this guy who dumped his dog and that he feels forever guilty about his actions.

Hugs to you and your daughter and the rest of you who tried to help the poor little dog.

I work in Noosa Heads, I printed this article out and put it on the notice board in the shopping center here with the heading that Someone Knows Who did this and asking for it to be reported.

Got lots of friends who live around here so I've been sharing it every couple of days on my face book. Scares me that whoever did this is quite likely a local... id hate to think that ive served this person, much less spoken to such a horrible human being and not known.

i witnessed a near dumping one day, this lady had a terrier cross running beside her little car as she was driving along, the dog looked frantic to get back in the car but she kept on driving slowly beside the dog, you could tell she was the owner as it was running looking at the car. she got out and thats when i drove around the corner where i could see what she was doing but she couldn't see me then she got out of the car and grabbed the dog and drove away, by that stage i was seriously thinking if she dumped the dog i would go around and see if i could coax the dog into my car and i didn't have a plan after that. i tried to follow her but she put her foot down and disappeared out of view.

i was driving home from the train station and saw all this going on infront of me, but why on earth would you let your dog run along beside your car and drive slowly, i thought that maybe she tried to dump the dog but the dog was following her so she had a change of mind or something, it was very strange to watch.

some people are so callous and unfortunately thats the way our society is going, everything is disposable too much i fear and our pets are a common victim. :(

i hope that this person is caught and made to pay :mad i dont think them reading the letter will make them feel any remorse at all as that kind of a person wouldn't have feelings to be able to do all that in the first place :cry:

Edited by toy*dog

Guest lavendergirl

There is an update below to the original story which was written by a Courier Mail journalist.

"The Courier-Mail's online readers mobilise against neglectful pet owners in reaction to story of abandoned dog's death

INHUMAN ACT: Every dog deserves better than a roadside death, readers say.

THEIR message is clear: mistreat a dog in this state and you will be hunted down like a... well, you can guess the rest.

A story published during the week by The Courier-Mail about a dog abandoned by the side of a road on the Sunshine Coast, which is then killed moments later by a passing car, has stirred an online outpouring of grief.

But more than that, it has spurred the online community to attempt to make someone accountable for their callous action.

More than 6000 readers have 'recommended' the story on Facebook, seeking to spread the word in an effort to identify and hold to account the person responsible for the dog's cruel treatment.

Published on October 6, reporter Jane Fynes-Clinton's piece Death of an Abandoned Dog opens with: "TO THE driver of the sedan: I thought you might be interested to know the outcome of your actions at 7pm last Sunday...."

Her story details how she and her family, while driving home one night, saw another driver dump a dog by the road. On doubling back to help rescue the discarded, distressed pet, they witnessed it running out into traffic and being hit by an unsuspecting young motorist.

"I witnessed the five minutes he lived after you drove away. I saw him running, scared. I arrived as he lay dying on the roadside and I was with him, patting him, as he died," Fynes-Clinton wrote.

"That he did not die alone is small consolation. At the end, at least he knew the love of a caring human's touch."