Brisbane Kennels

4pups

Hi, we are in Sydney - but my daughter who lives in Brisbane is looking for a kennel for her two borders while she comes home for chrissy. She is a bit obsessed about her pups, and would like personal recommendations for her babies care. She lives in Forest Lake but I'm sure she will be happy to travel.

Hi, we are in Sydney - but my daughter who lives in Brisbane is looking for a kennel for her two borders while she comes home for chrissy. She is a bit obsessed about her pups, and would like personal recommendations for her babies care. She lives in Forest Lake but I'm sure she will be happy to travel.

I would think that if you havent booked by now that most places are going to be 100% full. I would start ringing around asap and then when you find anything available make a short list and then post here to see if anyone has recommendations.

From experience in the past when I ran by own boarding service I would be getting all the frantic calls about now to say that they had tried every boarding kennel in the phone book.

Good luck in your search.

Whenever we go away we leave Boonie with Fetch Pet Sitting - they are $40 a night though - not sure if that is considered dear - lovely couple who have your dog at their place or will come sir at yours - if you take them to theirs there are always other dogs there to play with and they own two standard poodles as well

We use Woodford, its an hour from us and not sure how far from where your daughter lives. We don't board often and we are paranoid about our dogs and we've been really happy with these guys.

• 3 months later...

Hi there

I am looking for a place in May this year. What are the names of the people that run Fetch Pet Sitting? I cannot find the website.

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards, Lauren

Whenever we go away we leave Boonie with Fetch Pet Sitting - they are $40 a night though - not sure if that is considered dear - lovely couple who have your dog at their place or will come sir at yours - if you take them to theirs there are always other dogs there to play with and they own two standard poodles as well

It may be too far away for you, but Samford Pet Resort (just past the north-western suburbs) is the only one we'd send our pets to.

I'ts been in operation for a few decades now & is still in the same family who have a strong commitment to providing the best care possible for the cats & dogs.

Our shelties used to go there & walk away, with tails wagging. Friends used to send their Norwegian Forest Cat there.....& he'd be beautifully groomed when they picked him up.

Recently I recommended it to friends who own 2 tibbies (that had never stayed in kennels before, so owners understandably worried). The tibbies were fine....& were reported to be happy and affectionate during their stay.

Samford Pet Resort has pick-up & return agreements with various vet clinics around Brisbane.....to be used by owners who don't want to drive out to Samford.

Guest lavendergirl

It may be too far away for you, but Samford Pet Resort (just past the north-western suburbs) is the only one we'd send our pets to.

I'ts been in operation for a few decades now & is still in the same family who have a strong commitment to providing the best care possible for the cats & dogs.

Our shelties used to go there & walk away, with tails wagging. Friends used to send their Norwegian Forest Cat there.....& he'd be beautifully groomed when they picked him up.

Recently I recommended it to friends who own 2 tibbies (that had never stayed in kennels before, so owners understandably worried). The tibbies were fine....& were reported to be happy and affectionate during their stay.

Samford Pet Resort has pick-up & return agreements with various vet clinics around Brisbane.....to be used by owners who don't want to drive out to Samford.

Do you know if they provide a service to the Southside Mita? I am still looking for a good kennel and not happy with what I have seen so far.

Do you know if they provide a service to the Southside Mita? I am still looking for a good kennel and not happy with what I have seen so far.

I don't know if the pick-up and drop-off arrangements extend to the southside. I wouldn't be surprised if they do, tho'. Or maybe there's one reasonably close.

Maybe give them a call and ask (07) 3289 1600 They're very nice people to deal with.

Mita introduced Samford Pet Resort to us and our 2 tibbies were there recently. It was their first time and the carer was so lovely that our tibbies walked off with her without so much as a tail wag for me! They were happy,clean and healthy when I collected them and showed no signs of stress or anxiety when I got them home. One of our tibbies can be unfriendly towards strange dogs but he was apparently well behaved, happy and friendly at the kennels. I think the carers have put in time and effort to help him adjust. I would recommend them and will be the kennels we will be using from now on.

They have a sister facility in the Redcliffe area although I realise that isn't in the Southside.

Guest lavendergirl

I am more than willing to travel to a kennel that provides caring staff so might take a (long) run out and have a look. My dog came from a shelter and has separation anxiety and I want somewhere that actually is interested in helping him to not be distressed.

Just had a look at the Samford Pet Resort as a possibility for boarding my 2 next time we go away. For those of you who have used them could you please clarify what they mean by 'shared accommodation'. I have never experienced this before. The few times I have used kennels (for a previous dog) they have always had their own area within a kennel block, if you see what I mean. Do they really board your dog in direct contact with other dogs?