Introducing Takoda

Hi Guys, not sure if I should of posted this here as it's not about a rescue dog, but a little puppy who has come to 'my' rescue. I did post the news in the Sibe thread but wanted to share with my rescue friends, I hope no-one minds. :)

As some of you may know already I lost 3 of my gorgeous sibes earlier this year.

Jay Jay in May, Whitey in June and my beloved heartdog Gypsy in July. :(

It has been a sad and heartbreaking time to say the least. :(

I never in a million years expected to lose 3 and so soon. I barely had time to grieve for one when I'd lose another - after I lost Gyps, it all caught up with me and I was struggling to cope, hence part of the reason I have been so quiet here in rescue.

A week or so after Gypsy passed I began my search for a new companion and new furkid to add to our family. I knew it could take some time. I was in no hurry, I just wanted to find the right one. We were all just so lost, but mostly, I was. Adding a new addition wasn't just something I wanted to do - it was something I needed to do. It also wasn't something I took lightly. I for one, know the commitments involved in owning a dog, and knew I was ready to make that commitment again, despite having my heart broken time and time again. :(

I wanted to take on a rescue but there was nothing I found suitable. I searched the husky rescue website, contacted a few ppl and also checked the pound sites. Having 2 young kids and several other dogs here (resident and rescues), I did prefer a younger dog, but was willing to consider an older one, had I found the right one.

So my search continued. I contacted some reputable breeders but no one had a litter or pending litter of black and white pups available and that was my preferance. I know some ppl would opt for a different colour or even a different breed, given the circumstances - but not me. I knew what I was looking for and what I had my heart set on. A black and white girl with blue eyes, just like Gyps. (I know Gyps can never be replaced, there will never be another Gypsy). :(

So the search went on. After contacting several breeders, I contacted Donna at Icepower. A very reputable kennel.

She told me she had nothing available at that time but that she did have a girl in the NT who was due to have a litter on the 11th of Aug. There was no garentee she'd have a black and white girl with blue eye's but Mummy was blk and wht so there was a chance...

On the 11th of August, my little girl was born in a litter of 9. Sadly, 3 didn't make it but the other 6 flourished and thrived. She had ALL black and white and ALL girls. I couldn't believe it! Surely I thought there has to be one with blue eye's!

I found out at about 5 weeks of age that 3 had blue eyes and that I had first pick.

(after the breeder ofcoarse), my first choice was Takoda and although I considered one of the other's, she was the one I kept going back to - so she was the one I decided would be coming home. :)

On Saturday night, after a 4 month wait - I picked my little girl up from the airport. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

She is everything I not only wanted - but needed - AND more. I love her dearly. :heart: The kids and OH adore her too and vice versa. Wes and his family (her carers) have done a fantastic job with her. She has obviously had alot of time put into her. She is such a sweet, affectionate little girl. I feel so blessed to have her.

I know my furbabies can never be replaced but I also know Takoda will help to fill some of the hole left in my heart - she already has.

So here she is, introducing Takoda, "NorthernSun Aurora Blue".

6225177960_4298137f86.jpg

6225177964_1489a8925c.jpg

At Sydney - fresh off the plane. I have to say Dogtainers were fantastic as were the guys at AAE. :thumbsup:

6225154662_7a91ac6aa1.jpg

Home at last.

6225154694_e3f651e07f.jpg

6233476601_09748a6d75.jpg

6233480161_6624dacd55.jpg

6234001842_313e4cee5f.jpg

6233474851_89923b685c.jpg

6233405751_593eae0091.jpg

6233929908_fd13136f24.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6233400805_245bfa0d2c.jpg

6233409173_c4cc3b1f1a.jpg

6233445157_6224f50525.jpg

6234062870_f0fd6b175b.jpg

6233549633_27726dccba.jpg

6234069616_f99c86ec37.jpg

She is a real little water baby too and loves to stand in the water bowl. :eek::laugh:

She howled for the first time yesterday, it was soooo cute. She has this tiny little voice. And tonight she got onto the lounge for the first time by herself! :)

A huge thanks to Donna & Glen and Wes & Deanna. If it wasn't for you guys, we wouldn't have our beautiful little girl. :thanks:

Also a big thanks to Marion01 for being there for me not only when I lost my furbabies, but also throughout Takoda's journey. For listening to me go on and on and on and on.... :laugh: but also for being there for me on the not so good days. :thanks:

Oh she is such a cuddly cutie!

Would nearly convert me to sibes!

I never know with your photos though - who is cuter, your puppies or your kids!! :love:

Here's a little "story" that you might be witnessing yourself soon! :)

Be nice to others because . . Time WILL make a difference!

Life.jpg

One day you will no longer be the big dog... 

Just the old dog....

And my friend, WE are now the old dogs

HOWEVER, OLD DOG IS BETTER THAN DOG-GONE.

I never know with your photos though - who is cuter, your puppies or your kids!! :love:

Life.jpg

Just the old dog....

I love that Stefie.Congrats K9 on your gorgeous puppy. :thumbsup:

Life.jpg

Just the old dog....

:laugh: I have seen it before. With Luki. He was about the same size as Takoda when he came home and was so tiny compared to the rest. Now he is the biggest! and stands over most of them. :laugh:

Here's Luki meeting Takoda on Saturday night

6236211380_0bd7df068c.jpg

6236211396_bdd7cd3e91.jpg

6236211402_749be4a1cb.jpg

And thanks everyone for your kind words welcoming Takoda. :thanks:

She is such a sweet little girl, we love her dearly. :heart:

Oh Rach, there goes another piece of your heart! Seriously, she is beautiful and I am so pleased you have another little one to share your home. She is a lucky little dog to end up at your place. Looking forward to seeing the photos as she grows.

Thanks guys. Yes she does have that hypnotizing look in her eye's doesn't she? :laugh:

She sure has me under her spell. ;)

She has been with us a week and 2 days already!

She's very much like a human baby. Sleeps, eats, plays, poo's. :laugh: She is adorable.

Here are a couple of little videos I have made of her. Please excuse the messy back yard, we've only just had a new fence put up. The first video is of her playing with her fav. toy - a purina oinker. Anyone heard the noises those things make? :laugh:

She has settled in really well. Sometimes she has dreams that she is still with her Mummy and suckling on her teets. She makes the little sounds and her little lips move as though she is feeding. It's cute but a little sad too. I wonder what she thinks when she wakes up and Mummy's not there?

She is very loyal and follows me around the house. She sleeps at my feet when I am here on the computer and sleeps on my bed at night. :) When I go outside she is sure to be there waiting at the door on my return. She loves the kids and vice versa.

Jack comes out the other morning with the "Snow Buddies" movie and asks me "Muuuumy, how did Takoda get in a movie?" :laugh:

When I take her outside I only have her and Jasmine out. She is still too small to mingle with the biggies in the yard. I am scared they will accidently hurt her when they are playing zoomies, esp Luki and Blacky. (think after losing my 3 I have become a little over protective and paranoid :( I couldn't bear it if anything happened to her. )

She still loves the water bowl. She is a buggar for standing in it and then dipping her head in it and shaking it around. She then jumps out and goes to bolt leaving a river of water behind her. I get the towel out and go to wipe it up but she then decides she wants to go for a ride too and jumps on the towel. It's hard work dragging her around aswell. :laugh:

And although she is allowed to sleep on our bed, I have crate trained her too. I prefer to be safe than sorry when we go out. The last thing I want is her getting into anything she shouldn't be.

Oh and the scrapbook I have made of her so far. I will keep adding to it as she grows up. :)

Introduction

6249149214_2d718a6b24.jpg

6249149220_876051f1a6.jpg

6249149228_bf2a5c0437.jpg

NT thened background seeing as though she came from there. :)

6249149232_f17accec3c.jpg

6249149238_35fa43cf84.jpg

6249149240_ed70e9c392.jpg

I used the butterflies off my Birthday cake as embellishments ;)

6248647973_0ea3868c28.jpg