Introducing Takoda

The scrap book is a very special idea Rach! I've never done that before but have thought about it. You should do a new paw print every month for the first year so you can track how quickly she grows. That would be cool in a scrapbook album!

I only said to the OH today that I should be inking her paw print. I will later when she wakes up. It's hard work being a puppy you know. All that running around and playing... :laugh:

A great idea though PS, doing one every month. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this thread!! She is just toooo cute Rach. I love your scrapbooking, I just want to know where you get the time to do it :eek:

Ta Caz. :)

I usually do the scrapbooking of a night when the kids (both skin and fur) are settled.

Takoda is usually close by. She is at my feet now as I am typing jumping around with a squeaky toy. (one I got from Wagsalot). Weve just had snuggle time on the mat and a little play too. She loves my hair. :laugh:

She does this cute thing where she pins her ears back submissively and wags 100 mile an hour when I approach. It's so cute. Then when I sit down with her she gently paws me for snuggle time. She is the cutest little thing. I love her more than words can say. :)

I've been reading this thread and loving that you now have another ray of sunshine and hope Rach... happy tears here my friend!

T.

Awww Ta Trace. :)

She is such a sweety and yes she is certainly helping me/us to smile again.

It's been a horrid few months. So much death and sadness, I wasn't sure how I'd get through to be honest. :( Losing Gypsy aswell as Whitey and Jay just tore my heart out.

I still have my moments, but I am getting better, thanks to my kids, furkids and ofcoarse Takoda. They are the best medicine of all. :)

And I am so proud of Takoda. She shook hands for the first time last night at 9.33pm. (not that I am noting these things down or anything. :laugh: ) And I only started teaching her yesterday. She is so clever. I had to get it on vid. (it's only short as my memory card ran out of space but you can see her shaking). Oh and the screeching in the background is my kids. :laugh:

Edited by k9angel

• 4 weeks later...

An update on Takoda. :)

She has been with us for just over a month already. That time has gone by so fast and she has grown so much. :laugh: She is as nearly as tall as Jasmine now. :eek:

She's a beautiful little girl and has settled right in.

She knows sit and shake and how to walk on a lead. We practise a little each day.

We are working on drop and stay now.

She picks things up very quickly and will do anything for a liver treat, or any treat for that matter. :laugh:

She still loves to stand in the water bowl, despite me raising it. If I raise it anymore she won't be able to drink from it. So I continue with my towel cleaning ritual with her on board the towel :laugh: though she is getting quiet heavy now. (either that or I just carry her in my arms as we go along).

She had her 2nd vaccination the week before last and she was such a good girl. She got a good going over aswell and passed her check up with flying colours. :thumbsup:

I am hoping to put her into puppy playgroup 1 day a week too shortly to get her used of the little fluffies. It will do her good and she will have a ball playing with the other pups.

I am still a little cautious with Luki in the yard as he is so much bigger than her, and I worry he'll accidently knock her over when he plays zoomies, he's like a tank and gets a good speed up. :laugh: He is harmless otherwise.

It wont be long though before they can both play zoomies together. :)

Takoda has, as expected, also been helping me with my losses. I knew my babies could not be replaced but I also knew Takoda would help to heal my heart, and she has been doing just that.

I still have my bad days here and there, but she helps to make me smile again (as do my kids and other furkids) and the not so good days are becomming farther and farther between.

Ironically though, Takoda is so much like Gypsy. She constantly reminds me of her. I never set out to compare her, but the similiarities are uncanny.

It makes me smile and remember Gyps, the little things she used to do and the good times we had. :angel:

The way she circles before bed, the way she hides her food or goes to hide it then changes her mind and then eats it, the way she hiccups, the way she plays with Jasmine is exactly how Gyps used to. The way she shakes hands and sits there watching us eat. The way she follows me and sleeps at my feet no matter where I am sitting, the way she rubs herself into my hair just after it's been washed. There are other things too and I am not the only one who has noticed so I am not going mad. :laugh:

I have had a few sibes over the years and although some of them might do or might of done some of the things I mentioned above, no one has done it all and no one certainly did it like Gyps....until Takoda.

I know Takoda is not Gyps. Takoda is Takoda and I love her for being her. :heart: If she were Gyps she wouldn't be getting into the water every 5 mins. :laugh: Gyps was the opposite when it came to water. As strange and unbelievable as it might sound though, I can't help but think that part of Gypsy somehow lives on in Takoda. :angel:

Some of the many pics I have taken since she's been home. :)

6288679668_8e64532f47.jpg

Sitting on command :)

6288483848_0f4268858a.jpg

Running like the wind :laugh:

6288431228_3d787589ff.jpg

6288431230_8ef87f66c2.jpg

Hiding in the grass

6287957517_0a6d15d322.jpg

Saying hello to Nanna Jasmine

6287968173_fabe463965.jpg

Trying to get Jaz to play :laugh:

6287973937_38533a3f72.jpg

6352541446_5de92196f3.jpg

6352534932_958687f137.jpg

6352542388_dab960c518.jpg

A few more to come. :)

6352547380_5e397b0c7f.jpg

6352543894_618df951b7.jpg

6352545700_355e4ee355.jpg

6351807057_9d4b686576.jpg

6352552128_b29026928d.jpg

6352553446_374eee35a6.jpg

Catching up to Jasmine in height.

6352548964_12bfc30013.jpg

Getting taller and lankier :laugh:

6352540438_80788f08b5.jpg

This one was taken yesterday. Takoda is modelling one of Baileys shirts that is too small for him now. Jack thought she was hilarious and she thought it was great. :laugh:

6351793045_2279e6b817.jpg

Edited by k9angel

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is any better therapy than a new puppy! Even though she has grown heaps her ears still seem to be outpacing her head! So very cute! Oh dear you get to experience her first xmas very soon! I'm sure she will be a crack up running through all the paper and checking out her new pressies!

I don't think there is any better therapy than a new puppy! Even though she has grown heaps her ears still seem to be outpacing her head! So very cute! Oh dear you get to experience her first xmas very soon! I'm sure she will be a crack up running through all the paper and checking out her new pressies!

I know. Re. Christmas. :laugh: and I am sure she'll try and check out everyone else's presents too. Aswell as the Xmas tree... :laugh:

• 1 month later...

An update on little Takoda. Well not so little anymore. She is 5.5 mths and bigger than Jasmine now. Oh and she towers over her little mate Princess. :laugh:

She is on her way to the vet for desexing later today. I have been crying like a baby. :cry: I put her collar on her this morning and she went and grabbed her lead herself thinking she was going for a walk. :(

Then I had to strap her into OH's car and she knew something was up as she went crazy trying to get out to get to me. :( Any other time, she is fine in the car.

She's only been gone for about an hour and I miss her already.

I just hope everything goes ok. I rang OH he said she was dropped off ok and that he had her lead and collar in the car, which set me off again. :cry:I am such a sook. But I can't help it. I love her so much and don't want anything to go wrong.

Here I am crying like a baby and she's probably there playing with the other doggies having a ball. :laugh:

I have to call after 3pm to see how she went. If all goes well I will get to bring her home this afternoon. :crossfingers:

I will update some new pics later.