Not A Free To Good Home...but

RottnBullies

Your lucky she is short.My dog jumped up and clawed the window screens as well. :laugh:

This Is a window grill, not a door she jumps up on the sills and lays on them like a cat, she's not that big but a great jumper :laugh:

Thanks for the tips guys, I really like the Idea of maybe putting the mesh on the outside rather than In, I'll have to see If that can be done though with what I've already got as I'm renting and on a tight budget. Time to shop around again!

Oh the joys of having naughty dogs :D

Your lucky she is short.My dog jumped up and clawed the window screens as well. :laugh:

This Is a window grill, not a door she jumps up on the sills and lays on them like a cat, she's not that big but a great jumper :laugh:

Thanks for the tips guys, I really like the Idea of maybe putting the mesh on the outside rather than In, I'll have to see If that can be done though with what I've already got as I'm renting and on a tight budget. Time to shop around again!

If you installed the window grill, can you modify it? You can put a hard clear plastic similar to perspex sheeting over the lower area, keeping the flyscreen uncovered in the top half. If the grills are yours, you could easily just keep the plastic in place with screws direct into the grill frame. If not, place a timber baton on the outer side of the screen and drill into that through the plastic then grill and mesh. You'll need to replace the screen before you vacate. (we always replaced the flyscreens at the end of lease, our 2 liked to scratch them) The sheeting is at Bunnings, and it's on a roll, usually in the builders section.

We have used the "dog proof" screen stuff from Bunnings when we replaced our screens. They have been great!! They have keep out 40kgs of Weim & crazy Std Poodles who want to be in when I want them out :laugh:

Ditto the pet mesh from bunnings keeps my 2 RR's on the right side of the door, whichever it maybe at the time :laugh::thumbsup: Previous to that my nearly 13 yr old rr would scratch, make a hole than walk straight through it, earning the nick name wombat :laugh: And my 16 month old RR would claw it and make holes. But the pet mesh is standing up to both of them :thumbsup:

ETA

Sorry I just read a couple of posts further on and saw that you have tried this :( I hope you can find an affordable method that works for you.

Edited by Huntia

If you installed the window grill, can you modify it? You can put a hard clear plastic similar to perspex sheeting over the lower area, keeping the flyscreen uncovered in the top half. If the grills are yours, you could easily just keep the plastic in place with screws direct into the grill frame. If not, place a timber baton on the outer side of the screen and drill into that through the plastic then grill and mesh. You'll need to replace the screen before you vacate. (we always replaced the flyscreens at the end of lease, our 2 liked to scratch them) The sheeting is at Bunnings, and it's on a roll, usually in the builders section.

Screens are mine, I had them Installed when she destroyed the original ones, but they're staying here, unlikely they'll fit other windows if and when I move. Good Idea with the perspex but won't work as It'll block some of the nice breeze we get through in the summer time and the room gets really hot. Windows will just have to be closed while I'm out till I sort something else... um sorry I mean locked and remove the key also cause she knows how to unlock that as well :eek: 20 odd years of owning dogs and I have to say she Is by far the naughtiest one :laugh:

Is she the naughtiest or just the smartest & most persistent?

She looks so good in that collar - all sweet & girly. LOL

:rofl: Yes so so true! I have to give her that much she's to clever for her own good most times

Thank you all for the sweet compliments :)

I will pay someone to offload her off me :laugh: and I have to laugh because If I think how much It's going to cost me to replace them, coz fly screen again just ain't going to cut It, I won't stop crying! Why can't I have a normal dog who doesn't want to keep jumping out of windows :eek:

6243134122_891f013c94_z.jpg

6243161196_aa2676d510_z.jpg

And showing off her new collar that she just got a few days ago from Blocky Dog. Because she soooooo deserves It now............NOT!

6233910300_d1cc71067e_z.jpg

What hole????????? Ohhhh, I just want to kiss her gorgeous face. ;)

My front door has even less fly screen still attached to it. I gave up replacing it and using it to keep bugs out - just dogs in. Best thing I did for my back door though was to get the bottom third made as a solid metal panel and only the top third as a security fly screen. It has lots of scratches on it but it has withstood at least 4 different dogs over about 9 years and is still going strong. The other thing I have is shields behind the actually door handle and my dogs don't seem to like the smooth feel of it and have never managed to open either door themselves.