Weeping Eye In My Jrt...

My boy Maui (Will be 1 year old this month) has had a weeping eye since yesterday morning. It has a bit of gunk in it. We have been washing it with warm water when we can..

Yesterday the gunk was green (according to husband), now its clear (well, it was this morning)... Overnight his eye crusted a little and he had a bit of trouble opening it before I gave it a rinse...

I really dont want to rush him to the vet every time something isnt right.. But I was wondering if this has happened to anyone and if I shopuld take him or not? (My first dog, so I am as usualy over protective)....

He was his usual insane bouncy self this morning before I left.

Not a veterinary opinion, obviously ......

It could be conjunctivitis ..he could have a bit of grit or something in there ...

he squinting or anything? You can try wiping it gently with some cold black tea (the tannic acid is a mild disinfectant) several times a day ..but if it doesn't improve.. or he is squinting .. or you notice anything else - best you take him to a vet.

I have washed it out a few times with warm water, even managed to sqeeze a few drops of water in to try flush anything out. (Hes such a good dog to let me do that)...

He doesnt seem to be squinting, well he wasnt this morning... Hubby is out surfing at the moment so when he gets home he will keep an eye on him...