Colo Vale/mittagong Area - Help Needed Urgently

Wondering if someone can help me? I need a photo of a dog that urgently needs a home.

If you can help, please pm me. I'd need the photo emailed to me.

Thanks!

More information....!!!!

Do you need a person in Mittagong to go and take a photo of a dog??

Or do you need someone to email a photo who is in that area.

There is a purebred Pembroke Corgi (in Colo Vale nr Mittagong) who needs a home by 31st October. The owner doesn't have a digital camera and cannot send me a picture of the dog.

I am sure I can find a home for the dog but all I need is a picture of the dog and then I will do an ad for the dog and hopefully rehome - old Corgis seem to rehome quite well and she sounds like a beautiful dog.

I need someone who can go and take a digital photo and email to me!

Edited by dogmad

Some more information coming through.This is the second time this lady has decided to rehome this girl.Last time a home was found privately but the lady changed her mind last minute.I'm told she is serious this time though.Poor old corgi girl.I hope she gets a good home.

Nice to see that some retirement homes are allowing pets.Very sad that this lady is choosing not to.I suspect she will regret it.

After having a conversation with the lady, she was not forthcoming with me when I asked what the reason for rehoming is - no wonder, I'm less than impressed. In fact I'm flabbergasted after what she was saying about how much she loved the dog. And people wonder why I don't like people very much ....

After having a conversation with the lady, she was not forthcoming with me when I asked what the reason for rehoming is - no wonder, I'm less than impressed. In fact I'm flabbergasted after what she was saying about how much she loved the dog. And people wonder why I don't like people very much ....

Why does she want to rehome the pup? Don't worry I don't like people very much at the best to times LOL. I'd rather just be surrounded by animals

I am just wondering why she would want to rehome her dog if it is alloud in the retirement village??

Heck I'm finding it soo difficult to find a place to live with my cat and dog at the moment but they are staying. I'm not moving anywhere without them and I"ve made that perfectly clear. Housing market to rent is crap though if you have pets. Heck I"ll move to the retirement village and take my pets and her dog LOL if it meant we could be together. :laugh:

Edited by lilmisssascha83

I am just wondering why she would want to rehome her dog if it is alloud in the retirement village??

Heck I'm finding it soo difficult to find a place to live with my cat and dog at the moment but they are staying. I'm not moving anywhere without them and I"ve made that perfectly clear. Housing market to rent is crap though if you have pets. Heck I"ll move to the retirement village and take my pets and her dog LOL if it meant we could be together. :laugh:

Housing market is hard, I know when I specified my home out to rent, it was outside only. But the people who applied had dogs for health reasons therefore I was more then happy to allow it. Very next tenant dogs were to be outside. When me and my kids came back to live in it, the yard riddled in fleas you could barely move. House had fur in the curtains and I could just go on. The real estate was half to blame IMO as they did a brief walk through before signing the bond back. missed the fleas, fur and holes completely :swear: Not saying you are like this but others have had this experience or have been seriously warned about it.

Cause in most areas housing is short it is easy to select a mature aged couple, no kids and no pets.

The disrespectful people have ruined a lot for those whom do it the honest and decent way.

I personally can't see me renting a house that I plan to live in with kids or dogs. I know it is horrible to say but a house is a huge expense which more often then not rent don't cover the repayments, so if they miss rent. it makes it twice as hard.

However if I ever own an investment only property it won't matter as much.

Edited by Angeluca

The other thing to think about is if she is moving into a retirement village she may be under a lot of emotional strain and a little understanding probably wouldn't go astray. People make strange decisions when they are under a lot of pressure.

Some peope who are dumping their pets also tell lies. When I was doing Corgi rescue years ago I had almost exactly this situation . Lady said she couldnt keep her dog any longer as she was moving to a retirement home which didnt allow it. When I got the dog home it was easy to see why it couldnt go to the home with her because it NEVER EVER SHUT UP. It ran up and down the fence all day long and even drove us nuts when we bought it inside- it had always been an outside dog and yelled to get out and piddled everywhere.

It was clear Harry couldnt go to anyone else so he stayed here for 8 years until he died but it took him about two years to get the message and keep quiet for a few hours a day. :rofl:

Some peope who are dumping their pets also tell lies. When I was doing Corgi rescue years ago I had almost exactly this situation . Lady said she couldnt keep her dog any longer as she was moving to a retirement home which didnt allow it. When I got the dog home it was easy to see why it couldnt go to the home with her because it NEVER EVER SHUT UP. It ran up and down the fence all day long and even drove us nuts when we bought it inside- it had always been an outside dog and yelled to get out and piddled everywhere.

It was clear Harry couldnt go to anyone else so he stayed here for 8 years until he died but it took him about two years to get the message and keep quiet for a few hours a day. :rofl:

I don't doubt that for a minute - one of the reasons I know I could never be involved in rescue, but from the very scant information in this thread it seems to me that the lady is perhaps not thinking clearly. Not everyone has the ability to be cold, callous and calculating. I've spent the last 5 years watching an incredibly cabably woman descend into a state of confusion and despair that most of the people on this forum would not allow one of our animals to live in. I think sometimes we need compassion for more than just our animals.

I have been told that in the new accomm, the dog would have to be outside permanently and there isn't much yard at all.

Under the circumstances, I'm going ahead with rehoming, it's really the dogs I'm interested in helping anyhow. This may mean that the deadline I was given could be a little flexible but I'm hoping I will succeed before then.

Here's a pic of the beautiful girl, thanks to Cockerlover! :thumbsup:

post-4751-0-99022900-1319111381_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogmad

My pleasure :) DogMad,I met the lady & her dog ,she did seem very distressed re parting with her beloved dog ,The dog was indeed a very sweet old lady,whos temprement appeared to be very good ,heres trusting she finda a wonderful new home ,Thankyou dog mad for being one of the many who really care for the welfare of our beloved friends