Contacting A Breeder/has Anyone Heard Of Them?

greyseas

Hi guys, I'm new to the dol forums and I stumbled across this website when I was doing research for getting a new pup for my parents and I (first time pup-owner)! We've decided on getting a golden retriever because of their usually well-natured temperament along with their exercise requirements (I'm a very active person and want a dog to play/exercise with for long periods of time) and they are just gorgeous animals hahah.

I've contacted a breeder from the dogzonline website (Vrainord - has anyone had experiences with them?) and the lady who was doing the breeding sounds fantastic and I'm very happy with all the information she's supplied me with. She had no qualms about answering any of my questions and I know the ultrasound showed 8 pups. I checked back on dogzonline yesterday just to have a look at other breeders (NSW) and it seems she has taken down her puppy listing! Now, I haven't contacted her yet because I really don't know what to say! I last had a chat with her a week ago and I know her pups were due soon and everything sounded fantastic but now I'm worried that something may have happened to the pups/mother and I'm at a loss for what to do.

I feel like I'm jumping to conclusions as I am so new with this process and would really like some opinions on this!

Do breeders typically contact those on their waiting list if something may have happened to the pups ( :( )?

Would she have taken down the listing just because enough people have enquired about her puppies?

I was about to send her a quick e-mail just asking how everything was going in regards to the pregnancy but hopped on here for some advice first :)

I'd be glad for any insights on this!

Thanks so much! :)

Welcome to DOL Greyseas!

I took down my puppy listing when enough people had made enquiries and i had chosen my puppy buyers, but this wasn't until they were about 4 weeks of age. If people did enquire after that, I referred them to other breeders that I knew had puppies still available.

I would contact her... if the pups are born she may not have had time to contact anyone. It is possible, that if something has happened to the bitch or the pups she may be too upset to contact anyone, but if you contact her she may reply.

Just wanted to clarify, are you wanting to buy a pup from her or did you want to ask more questions but are worried to because she has taken down her ad?

Congratulations on your EXCELLENT breed choice by the way!!!! BEST BREED EVER!!!!!

Here is a sample of the cuteness you have to look forward to! :D

post-14290-0-75445100-1319167376_thumb.jpg

post-14290-0-20625800-1319167415_thumb.jpg

greyseas, if you're on her waiting list, more than likely she will contact you. She probably has a full list now and took the ad down so she wasn't inundated with calls. I'd give her a call or email her to see how things are going.

ETA: I'm with Bub - fabulous choice of breed! :thumbsup:

Edited by goldielover

Welcome to DOL Greyseas!

I took down my puppy listing when enough people had made enquiries and i had chosen my puppy buyers, but this wasn't until they were about 4 weeks of age. If people did enquire after that, I referred them to other breeders that I knew had puppies still available.

I would contact her... if the pups are born she may not have had time to contact anyone. It is possible, that if something has happened to the bitch or the pups she may be too upset to contact anyone, but if you contact her she may reply.

thanks! :)

I think I'll send her a quick email, hopefully all is well and I was just being silly!

Just wanted to clarify, are you wanting to buy a pup from her or did you want to ask more questions but are worried to because she has taken down her ad?

Congratulations on your EXCELLENT breed choice by the way!!!! BEST BREED EVER!!!!!

Here is a sample of the cuteness you have to look forward to! :D

greyseas, if you're on her waiting list, more than likely she will contact you. She probably has a full list now and took the ad down so she wasn't inundated with calls. I'd give her a call or email her to see how things are going.

ETA: I'm with Bub - fabulous choice of breed! :thumbsup:

@Bubitty I'm wanting to buy a pup from her (and have talked to her about it etc...) but just worried that something may have happened to the pups because she's taken her ad down and those are the cutest! they look like :angel: s hehhe

Thanks @goldielover I think I'll do that :)

Edited by greyseas

Just got an email back :D I was just being silly! :dancingelephant:

The mother sounds like she's doing well so she probably took the post down after she had enough people on the waiting list (or something like that) as you all suggested!

Thanks for all of your help! :D