Dog N Bitch That Live Together

magicmine

Hi everyone.

I have a dog and bitch here that i am trying to mate. She is on day 13 and no colour change at all. I bred both and have never had 2 dogs that live together that i have wanted to mate.

He licks her and she does nothing but he just humps anyway LOL and she growls at him which is normal if she not ready.

The thing is has anyone ever had trouble mating 2 dogs that have lived together? My boy is pretty good and i can leave him out with the girls when they are in season and he knows he is not aloud to touch them. I no hard to imagine but it happens here. when the girls are in season they dont flag him at all maybe because they no he not aloud lol but who knows im just hoping she does now.

She gets very disgusted with him when he humps her and all she wants to do is sit near the back door.

Do i just be patient and see what happens or am i not going to get a mating.

Thanks for any ideas.

Yeh they dont make it easy hey. I have been waiting for this mating and hope it happens. Did your girl finally flag for your boy?

Also if i tickle her she flags but does nothing if he licks her

Edited by magicmine

I have no trouble whatsoever mating dogs that run & live together & never had.

I could never tell my boys they are not allowed to mate a girl on heat, they would just do it instinctively.

I would never tell a male off for trying to hump a girl as I want them to think it is the right thing to do & be dominant & confident when it comes to doing the deed.

If the dog does this & the girl is not in season I merely remove him to another room or place with no discipline or telling off.

Maybe he does not feel dominant over her so I would see if she is swollen enough & flagging to one side & then take them off your property to someone elses house if possible.

She may be less bossy there & his instinct/urges may take over & he may mate her if the timing is right.

I have no trouble whatsoever mating dogs that run & live together & never had.

I could never tell my boys they are not allowed to mate a girl on heat, they would just do it instinctively.

I would never tell a male off for trying to hump a girl as I want them to think it is the right thing to do & be dominant & confident when it comes to doing the deed.

If the dog does this & the girl is not in season I merely remove him to another room or place with no discipline or telling off.

Maybe he does not feel dominant over her so I would see if she is swollen enough & flagging to one side & then take them off your property to someone elses house if possible.

She may be less bossy there & his instinct/urges may take over & he may mate her if the timing is right.

My boy is ummm hard to put in words. A real sook, He never trys to mate them when they are in season ( when im not mating them ) which is weird because boys only think of one thing. He is a dog that if a bitch comes to him he just grabs them and humps away no hanky panky LOL.

She is swollen but not flagging him at all and she is day 13 today so maybe she might be a later bitch (HOPING) . He not a dominant dog when it comes to bitches as if they growl at him he goes fine then im outta here. lol.

So maybe i just need to wait and keep puttin them together and hope they do it lol

Hi everyone.

I have a dog and bitch here that i am trying to mate. She is on day 13 and no colour change at all. I bred both and have never had 2 dogs that live together that i have wanted to mate.

He licks her and she does nothing but he just humps anyway LOL and she growls at him which is normal if she not ready.

The thing is has anyone ever had trouble mating 2 dogs that have lived together? My boy is pretty good and i can leave him out with the girls when they are in season and he knows he is not aloud to touch them. I no hard to imagine but it happens here. when the girls are in season they dont flag him at all maybe because they no he not aloud lol but who knows im just hoping she does now.

She gets very disgusted with him when he humps her and all she wants to do is sit near the back door.

Do i just be patient and see what happens or am i not going to get a mating.

Thanks for any ideas.

Never had a problem. We had two come from the same breeder but different litters. They came down by air from QLD in the same crate at 9 weeks old and have never really been out of each others sight since but never a problem mating them.

i can leave him out with the girls when they are in season and he knows he is not aloud to touch them.

She gets very disgusted with him when he humps her

The above bits of your post are confusing because you are saying he does not mate them but then you are saying he does try ?

Do you mean that he tries to mate them but not achieve penetration ?

If so it could just be lack of experience so you may have to either let them run free until he manages but do be around & watch & intervene or hold for their safety if either struggles.

Or you can put her on a lead & let him be loose & see if he can manage to get her & tie.

i can leave him out with the girls when they are in season and he knows he is not aloud to touch them.

She gets very disgusted with him when he humps her

The above bits of your post are confusing because you are saying he does not mate them but then you are saying he does try ?

Do you mean that he tries to mate them but not achieve penetration ?

If so it could just be lack of experience so you may have to either let them run free until he manages but do be around & watch & intervene or hold for their safety if either struggles.

Or you can put her on a lead & let him be loose & see if he can manage to get her & tie.

Its hard to put into words. When the bitches are in season he doesnt touch them as he no's he is not aloud. Now that i want him to mate one he looks as to oh shit am i aloud to.

Trust me mate he has no lack of experience with mating as he has had 5 litters. He knows what he is doing.

When he does grab her i do praise him to let him no its ok and she is growling so maybe just not ready.

Im thinking either she not ready or he is like do i or dont i.

I took an experienced girl to a boy I have with a couple on breeders terms - his first try - I know she was 100% ready - but after 4 hours at the people's place and a lot of humping and getting no where we took the two a day later to have an assisted mating at Furkids in Brisbane - my jaw hit the ground as they had the two dogs tied in seconds - the result was 5 beautiful pups. The two ladies who did the assisted matings are wonderful and I will use them again - they told us they have saved marriages - takes all the stress out of it - they can also do a progesterone test and their prices are very good. They are vets and dog breeders.

Seperate them over night , away from each other. Stick one in the trailer or bedroom. Give them both a good feed of red meat and try again. Leave them out together , where you can watch them but stay away from them and let them get on with it.

It depends how badly you want puppies, if you are going to go down the AI route, but remember, if you can't get a mating and you do, you could possibly be setting yourself up for a line of bitches that won;t mate naturally.

If your bitch comes from a bitch with infertility issues, then there's a good chance, you already have.

If she is growling it may not be the right time so seperate & try again in 48 hours.

Meanwhile you are giving your dog mixed messages & confusing him generally.

His whole instinct, which is very strong with in season bitches, is telling him to mate.

One time you are telling him he is not allowed to & then other times you are telling him he can. That is fine for making him wait for his dinner or a treat & making him realise that you are top of the pack but for stud use he needs to feel he is top dog or the bitch may dominate him.

Its your dog & your choice how you train him but I can't see the logic in what you do with him. However good luck for a litter.

I have no experience with this, but I was given some advice as I was thinking of mating my two.

I was told it is best to keep them apart until your bitch is ready. The reason for this is because when the boy tries and the bitch is not ready, which you can be fairly sure will happen, she will get up him. If this happens a few times the boy may just give up.

Separate them - crate the bitch - let the bitch tease the dog from the crate - and take him away. Keep them apart for overnight unless he is utterly gagging for her or preferable she is gagging for him. An Alpha female will turn off a male or refuse a submissive male if she thinks he isnt dominant enough. Dont talk - dont interfere in any way. I would after the time apart place them in a pen or room together. Hold her if he mounts her - or get a stud master or do an AI transfer.

Good luck.