Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is so beautiful Staffyluv. I have just realised it's almost been 12 months since I sent my heart dog to the bridge, and it is not easier at all, despite what everyone says.

:hug:

Edited by Ruffles

Ollie was such a gentle, nice looking boy. I can't believe he's no longer with us Jodie. He sure put up a good fight for a long time.

Ruffles I agree. It's 3 years now since I lost Sophie and I don't think I'll ever come to terms with her not being with me. I think the painful raw grief eases with time but missing her never goes away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3 months today since I said goodbye to you my boy...

I still miss you so,very much...

Everyday you made me smile, brightened my life, accepted my faults and all and loved me unconditionally...

I could never have asked for more, you were my best mate....

3 months today since I said goodbye to you my boy...

I still miss you so,very much...

Everyday you made me smile, brightened my life, accepted my faults and all and loved me unconditionally...

I could never have asked for more, you were my best mate....

:hug:

• 2 weeks later...

Allow yourself plenty of time to come to terms with your loss staffluv - it takes awhile :hug: .

It's been 12mths since I lost my beautiful shepherd and I have just finished a photobook in his memory - maybe when you're ready (for me I had to wait a year) you might like to put a scrapbook or photobook together as a keepsake of your special time together

• 1 month later...

time insists on marching on, and each day the sun insists on rising despite the heartaches.

Ollie left such a huge legacy and is remembered with love and awe by all who knew him and follwed his battle. The Bridge will certainly have been transformed by his arrival.. Ollie will have brought his stafyy love of life and as it is contagious in the extreme.. one can only barely imagine the scenes.

Hugs to you Jodie and to the boys... youhave suffered more loss than words can describe

Here is my favourite Blessing

by John O'donohue

On the day when

the weight deadens

on your shoulders

and you stumble,

may the clay dance

to balance you.

And when your eyes

freeze behind

the grey window

and the ghost of loss

gets in to you,

may a flock of colours,

indigo, red, green,

and azure blue

come to awaken in you

a meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays

in the currach of thought

and a stain of ocean

blackens beneath you,

may there come across the waters

a path of yellow moonlight

to bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,

may the clarity of light be yours,

may the fluency of the ocean be yours,

may the protection of the ancestors be yours.

And so may a slow

wind work these words

of love around you,

an invisible cloak

to mind your life.

"

• 5 weeks later...

Ollie dog did so well and you were there every step of the way for him. He was a great dog and you were/are a great owner.

Ollie's story is truly inspirational and a lesson for others. I am sorry for your loss but I'm also happy that he lived so long and that he defied the odds. No doubt you would have cherished every moment with him. :rainbowbridge:

Edited by DerRottweiler

My heart goes out to you Jodie.

I don't come to DOL often any more but Ollie Dogs story was the first place I'd come to and it always made me smile to see he was still battling on with a smile on his greying muzzle.

So sad to hear that after all those years of fighting, he was finally too tired to continue any longer.

Fourteen years is a pretty wonderful milestone even for larger doggies in the best of health, let alone one who lived with cancer for so many years. He was a credit to your great love and care. The house is very empty once they go, isn't it?

xx

Six months have passed today since we gave Ollie his wings...

I miss him... :cry:

Staffyluv, I know your pain. :cry:

I know that Ollie, Kenny & all the other beautiful dogs who have crossed the rainbow bridge, are all running free together & having a ball.

Hugs to you. :hug:

Edited by mantis

My heart goes out to you Jodie.

I don't come to DOL often any more but Ollie Dogs story was the first place I'd come to and it always made me smile to see he was still battling on with a smile on his greying muzzle.

So sad to hear that after all those years of fighting, he was finally too tired to continue any longer.

Fourteen years is a pretty wonderful milestone even for larger doggies in the best of health, let alone one who lived with cancer for so many years. He was a credit to your great love and care. The house is very empty once they go, isn't it?

xx

Thanks pampa, I just saw that Pampi was set free too, I am very sorry...

The house was to empty and to sad.. I knew the only option for me was to rescue...

We picked up our first rescue on 31st October, just 6 days after saying goodbye to Ollie dog. While we were collecting Gus, we met the most adorable 6 month old staffy cross, Ziggy, who is now the newest member of our family... He moved in with us in 1 November...

Gus found a home and then we had the beautiful Coco, Staffordshire bull terrier, she was only here for 10 days. We were getting some work done and a friend of my late husband spotted her and fell in love. She has a great home and I get to see her heaps.

We now have the very pretty Pippa pup, she is 6 months old and just the most adorable baby girl...

I am sure Ollie is still here sometimes and Ziggy sits and stares at the cupboard where Ollie's ashes are kept sometimes...

We are truly blessed to be able to share our home with so many wonderful dogs... Ollie will always have a very special place in my heart, he was my heart dog but Ziggy has shown me that there is plenty of room for more dogs and so many need it...

Mantis, I saw you lost your beloved Kenny.. It helps to think that they are all having so much fun while waiting for us...