Sydney Dog Friendly Events

ruthless

Sydney dog friendly events

If you know of any upcoming dog events in Sydney please post them here and I'll add them to the opening post.

November 2011

Dogs Day Out

Date: 5th of November 2011

Cost: Entry Free

Location: Rural Equestrian Facility – 18 Bayfield Rd, Galston

A fun day for the whole family with activities ranging from obedience demonstrations,

vet checks, grooming tips, prevent-a-bite for kids, best trick, cutest puppy, dog

and owner look-alike and best rescue dog competitions. Australia’s leading animal

trainer Steven Austin, along with the Pet Resorts Australia Trainers will be providing

educational instruction for dog owners.

Newtown Festival Dog Show

13 Nov 2011

http://www.newtowncentre.org/festival/dog_show.html

Woollahra Puppies in the Park

Sunday 20 November from 9am - 12 noon in Rushcutters Bay Park.

http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/news/news/puppies_in_the_park_photo_competition

Wet Nose Day

Venue: Parramatta Park (next to the Park Office, just off Macquarie Street)

Date: Sunday 20th November 2011

Time: 10:00 to 16:00

Keep up to date with Guide Dogs NSW/ACT by visiting our Facebook page www.facebook.com/guidedogsnswact and show your support by “Liking” the page.

Edited by ruthless

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back for a second year, Wet Nose Day is a free event for all the family. Held at Parramatta Park on Sunday 20th November the event promises you the complete Guide Dog experience:

Come and meet some of our adorable Guide Dog puppies before they head off to training school.

Learn how a Guide Dog is trained with a demonstration from one of our experts.

Meet a Guide Dog user and be inspired by their amazing story.

There will be heaps of kids’ activities throughout the day, including: face painting, a Guide Dog colouring-in competition, a jumping castle and much, much more!

Event Details

So come and join in the fun at this year’s Wet Nose Day. Bring your family and friends to this free event and you’ll be supporting the good work we do.

Keep up to date with Guide Dogs NSW/ACT by visiting our Facebook page www.facebook.com/guidedogsnswact and show your support by “Liking” the page.

• 2 weeks later...

Back for a second year, Wet Nose Day is a free event for all the family. Held at Parramatta Park on Sunday 20th November the event promises you the complete Guide Dog experience:

Come and meet some of our adorable Guide Dog puppies before they head off to training school.

Learn how a Guide Dog is trained with a demonstration from one of our experts.

Meet a Guide Dog user and be inspired by their amazing story.

There will be heaps of kids’ activities throughout the day, including: face painting, a Guide Dog colouring-in competition, a jumping castle and much, much more!

Event Details

So come and join in the fun at this year’s Wet Nose Day. Bring your family and friends to this free event and you’ll be supporting the good work we do.

Apparently Guide Dogs are encouraging people NOT to bring their pet dogs with them to this event since their will be working guide dog teams in attendance. However, they have said that since it is a public park that allows dogs, they cannot stop people, but I get the impression that they would prefer people to attend without their dogs.

• 2 months later...

I am not in Sydney for this, but thought other people might be interested:

The official Mardi Gras season kicks off this weekend with Fair Day. A fun and relaxed day out in the park with friends and family, even your pets! There will be plenty of entertainment, food and activities including the popular Doggywood competition for our furry friends and their owners to compete in.

10am-8pm, Sunday 12th February 2012

Victoria Park, Near City Road and Parramatta Road, Camperdown Camperdown 2006

Link

Up to 70 000 people routinely turn out to sit on the grass, browse the stalls, enjoy the wide range of delicacies available at the stalls, have a few drinks, but most of all, catch up with old friends – and make some new ones.

Fair Day 2011 saw record numbers of people head down to Victoria Park and enjoy a day in the sunshine. Entertainment highlights from the Foxtel Main Stage included a set from Zoe Badwi that had the whole crowd up and dancing, smooth electro fun from Garcon Garcon and one of our biggest ever “Mr and Mrs Fair Day” competitions ever.

Around the park, crowd favourites included a bustling Gaydar Garden Lounge and the fabulous canines of Dulcie’s Dog Show. New elements such as the Paparazzi photobooths and the Top Gun ride were very popular, and “Say Something” Mardi Gras merchandise was spotted all around the park.

Come along to Victoria Park Camperdown on Sunday 12th February for Fair Day, and celebrate the start of Mardi Gras Festival in 2012!

• 1 month later...

Nothing found on google searches, but I did find the Duck Inn (Chippendale) which has a dog friendly beer garden... might suss it out with Panto.

Can I ask if the London pub in Balmain is doggy friendly? Can you have lunch or something to eat with your doggy present? Some friends and I would like to try it, with our pooches, we drove past there two weeks ago and couldn't see anyone with dogs around..

Linus

Nothing found on google searches, but I did find the Duck Inn (Chippendale) which has a dog friendly beer garden... might suss it out with Panto.

Can I ask if the London pub in Balmain is doggy friendly? Can you have lunch or something to eat with your doggy present? Some friends and I would like to try it, with our pooches, we drove past there two weeks ago and couldn't see anyone with dogs around..

Linus

Yep, dogs are allowed all day Sunday to Thursday and before 7pm Friday and Saturday.

The food is disgusting though, personally I wouldn't bother!!!

Linus

Yep, dogs are allowed all day Sunday to Thursday and before 7pm Friday and Saturday.

The food is disgusting though, personally I wouldn't bother!!!

Thanks minimax, we drove past and could see no pooches so wasn't sure. We were at Rozelle markets that day with our pooches (we took 3 bull terrier pups, a 13wk old and two 5 month old pups). Rozelle markets was great, people were friendly towards our dogs, though it was a bit crowded - a lot of people asking what breed - so was quite impressed. Will probably go back in a couple of weeks, with the dogs, but would like to find somewhere doggy friendly and have lunch.

Again thanks very much for the reply

Linus

Not strictly doggie events but I've found Windsor Markets (George St Mall, Windsor) is on leash dog friendly, you can wander through the stalls and grab a coffee, or fish and chips etc. Every Sunday 9-3.30 If you take Windsor Rd, you go past the off leash park at Rouse Hill if the dogs need a run, and there's also an off leash at Windsor. http://www.windsormallcraftmarket.com.au/

The people at the Castle Hill Artisan's Fair were quite friendly towards my on leash friends. Castle Hill Showground- Entry via Carrington Rd 25th Mar/15th Apr/20th May/17th Jun/15th July 19th Aug/16th Sept/21st Oct/18th Nov/16th Dec

http://www.theartisansfair.com.au

• 4 weeks later...

Shell that looks good, might head to that!

For anyone interested in the Duck Inn, there is a deal on today (expires in the very early hours or tomorrow morning)

$39 Three Course Gastropub Dining Experience with Wine for Two

• 4 months later...

Sunday 26th August 2012

Dog's Big Day Out - Warringah

Frenchs Forest Showground

Blackbutt Rd, Frenchs Forest

14th-16th Sept 2012

Better Homes & Gardens

LIVE10am - 5pm

Sydney Showgrounds, Sydney Olympic Park

16th Sept 2012

PetFest