A Personal Project

~*Shell*~

Some of you may know that my Grandfather passed away last week. While I was in Perth for the funeral, the one thing I really wanted to do was to take some photos of his beloved dogs. When his health failed, he moved to live with my Aunt, who owns 2 dobes and 2 chis. My grandfather especially loved the chis who sat with him for most of the day watching television. In his last few weeks, they even went to visit him in hospital while the nurses turned a blind eye. I wanted these to be pretty because he always wanted everything to be pretty - they were taken in the garden he helped my Aunt grow when he wasn't unwell.

Missy and Romeo

6309192988_61c4f31433.jpg

Missy

6308672391_7c3a043102.jpg

Romeo

6309194682_cb2be2ce5b.jpg

Kyza

6309192446_a6d0e3232f.jpg

6308673265_0b5defae58.jpg

One more because I can

6308672725_9cc8704304.jpg

There are more here:

http://www.mgstudios.net

Edited by ~*Shell*~

So he didn't get to see the photos? :cry:

No - unfortunately his death was the reason we went to Perth. He had wanted me to take them for a long time but before last week, I hadn't been to Perth since 2009 which was before my Aunt had the chihuahuas and Kyza.

Thanks all. I wish my skills were better. My aunt has another dobe (who is fearful and wouldn't come near the camera) and I don't think she'll be around the next time i'm in perth so it was photograph the dogs now or don't do it at all.

Yeah - the 50mm is having auto focus problems again. I meant to take it back to canon this week since I work across the park from their sydney headquarters but I completely forgot. I'll drop it in on monday. They were taken on my 5D with the 70-200mm 2.8. Love that lens. So versatile!