Urgent Help For Female Gsd X - Needs A New Home/foster Care

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a clam shell she could have if she is still going to be there a while, i reckon we did hit 40 here yesterday, although the rest of the week is going to be in the mid 20's it going to go over 30 again all weekend. :(

Poor Elly would have roasted out there in 36 degs today ...

I hope she has access to shade.

It's wonderful what everyone is doing for her, in her circumstances. Fingers crossed that such a nice dog will get a new home.

But it's cruel the way she's living.

I have a spare clamshell to loan too, but can't help out otherwise. OH ruptured his Achilles tendon on the weekend and will be on crutches for a couple of months, and I've used up all work favours having some time off to be his maid for a couple of days. Poor dog in this heat, but lucky dog to have good people looking out for her now.

There have been 2 potential foster carers but both have not come to fruition.

My next step is to test her with other dogs whilst she's on the lead, under the cirumstances it is the best I can do, this will be crucial in finding her a home. Depending on that, I will be advertising her but want that last bit of info before I do.

I went and saw Ellie today.

She was so excited when she saw me, Dog love her. I took her for a good walk and also took her a new clam pool and a longer run. I attached 2 swivel clips securely to each end, so she can't tangle herself. It gives her a little more room than what she has on the rope. M is going to keep her on the longer one during the day and transfer her back to the rope at night.

I gave her an allwormer and some liver/pork treats. (no wonder she's excited when she see's me), seriously though, she isn't overly fussed with the treats. She prefers cuddles. :)

She didn't go in the pool at first but not surprisingly after our walk, which was lovely - the weather was perfect, she was straight in it. :laugh: She is so funny. She loves to dip her nose under the water. :laugh:

I kept saying to her "Go on, I am not watching, go for a swim", and everytime I said it she'd go and get in the pool. :laugh:

After she had a good dip, she'd roll on her back in the grass all playfully. I got her ball and she had a little game with that too.

It was sad when I had to leave though. I said "Bye bye Ellie, see you soon", and her face just dropped. The big smile she had only seconds earlier, dissapeared. :( I said "Aww it's ok girl. I'll be back, I promise".

Lots of Ellie pics to come. She truly is a beautiful girl.

Have clam shells gotten smaller or is she huge?

My thought too! She is shiny and beautiful and looks like such s sweetie!

Her coat is in beautiful condition. So shiny and soft. On certain angles in the sun when we are walking, I can almost see my own reflection. It is very silky. :thumbsup:

The first thing I done when I got there was show M how to put the cream on her ears. I left some Virbac septicide cream in a jar and a tube of the Troy fly repel cream incase she runs out of the Septicide. She was starting to get a little flybite on her ears but thankfully no damage has been done yet. I coated them with the cream well. And now M knows how to do it and has the cream, she will be applying it to her ears every morning. :thumbsup: So Ellie shouldn't have to worry about flies again. Those things hurt when they bite, imagine having them eating at your ears. :(

And yes she is very much a sweetie. :heart:

Yay Rachel, she would LOVE the clamshell! The owner said she loved water.

Will you be around this weekend at all?

Yes I should be able to meet up. Did you need a hand testing her with another dog? Did you want me to bring Jasmine (she's only half the size of Ellie) or do you have one in mind already?

There is a small park almost opposite to where she lives which is a good neutral spot where we can meet up with the 2 of them to see how they go.

Thanks Rachel - can we tee up a time this weekend? It would be great if you could bring Jasmine and a spare choke chain! My largest hound is 6 kilos - LOL! :D

No probs. I will PM you later in the week and we can can arrange a time for the weekend. :)