Urgent Help For Female Gsd X - Needs A New Home/foster Care

I went and saw Ellie today.

She was so excited when she saw me, Dog love her. I took her for a good walk and also took her a new clam pool and a longer run. I attached 2 swivel clips securely to each end, so she can't tangle herself. It gives her a little more room than what she has on the rope. M is going to keep her on the longer one during the day and transfer her back to the rope at night.

I gave her an allwormer and some liver/pork treats. (no wonder she's excited when she see's me), seriously though, she isn't overly fussed with the treats. She prefers cuddles. :)

She didn't go in the pool at first but not surprisingly after our walk, which was lovely - the weather was perfect, she was straight in it. :laugh: She is so funny. She loves to dip her nose under the water. :laugh:

I kept saying to her "Go on, I am not watching, go for a swim", and everytime I said it she'd go and get in the pool. :laugh:

After she had a good dip, she'd roll on her back in the grass all playfully. I got her ball and she had a little game with that too.

It was sad when I had to leave though. I said "Bye bye Ellie, see you soon", and her face just dropped. The big smile she had only seconds earlier, dissapeared. :( I said "Aww it's ok girl. I'll be back, I promise".

Lots of Ellie pics to come. She truly is a beautiful girl.

Oh and you are beautiful too for going to see her and give her a taste of being really loved :angel:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took her for a good walk and also took her a new clam pool and a longer run. I attached 2 swivel clips securely to each end, so she can't tangle herself. It gives her a little more room than what she has on the rope. M is going to keep her on the longer one during the day and transfer her back to the rope at night.

The clam pool is wonderful for her to cool off on these hot summer days. Great, too, that you've given her a longer & tangle-free run. That'll make her more comfortable, and you've sure made life improve for her. I hope there's a possibility of her going somewhere else.

Thanks guys. I am only too happy to help Ellie. :) And I agree, a huge thanks to Dogmad for bringing Ellie to our attention and for trying to find her the forever after home she deserves. :thanks:

I meant to write in my update yesterday that I got to see a pic of Ellie as a puppy. She was sooo cute and looked so cheeky sitting there with one ear up and one down. She was originally adopted from Wagga pound as a pup by M and her family. And yes as Dogmad mentioned, she was given to M's daughter as a Birthday gift. :(

What's come out of the visits, the walks, & more freedom, you've given.... is that this lovely dog has shown what a sweetheart she is. Before you both came into her life, she could only be lonely and frustrated.

Now she's a great advertisement for herself. Healthy, shining and so sociable with people. Everything you'd want in a pet dog.

• 2 weeks later...

Ellie's still looking for her miracle, I've advertised her and will be doing homechecks etc but no replies, I think the weather has put people off. K9Angel and Juice are going to do some dog testing with her tomorrow hopefully, weather permitting, and we'll see how she goes with that.

Edited by dogmad

Its chucking it down here again, and i have the flu!!! great.

Dosed myself up with coldrill this morning.

If we can't do today, looks like its clearing over the weekend, i can dog test sunday, or sat evening after work?

My pleasure :)

Meeting another female was a good test for her.

She needs out of there, the front isn't fenced, so any ramdom dog could go in and attack her while she is tied up poor chook :(

You are making a huge difference, lets hope this xmas she finds somewhere to call home.

Good girl Ellie. So proud of you for doing so well. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Great work Dogmad, Juice & "Bon". :thumbsup: and lovely of you MM to give her a trampoline bed. :thanks:

I am hoping to get out in the next couple of days (hoping for tommorow afternoon) to take her for a walk.

:crossfingers: For a Christmas miracle for Ellie girl. xxx

I have spread the word about this beautiful girl on Facebook.

She just seems so special. I love her updates.

She has a fan here. I would take her in a heartbeat if able.

Will continue to spread the word to decent people I know. She is so deserving of a great forever home.

Not long got back from walking Ellie. I was going to go tommorow instead of today but they say we are in for storms tommorow so went today. :) I only got one picture because my blasted camera went flat but I will upload it later. She didn't have her pool out but M says she had it earlier today and that she'd put it away. :confused:

Ellie was very happy to see me. We encountered a kid on our walk today. He would of been about 6 or 7 and was very forward. He went to approach Ellie but I stopped him in his tracks as it startled her, and me. :eek: He asked if she bites and I said I wasn't sure whether she had been around kids before so best not to pat her. All the while I was talking to him, he was about 1.5 metres away from her and she was such a good girl. She was more interested in what was going on with the cars driving past.

She was buggered by the time we got back. :laugh: Straight into the other water bucket she has there for a splash. She watched intently as I left :( I told her I'd be back in a couple days and we'd walk again.

When I first turned up she'd just sat down to a big meaty bone but abandoned it quick smart according to M when she heard my voice and knew I was there. :(

Overall though we had a nice long walk and she did really well. :thumbsup: She'll sleep well tonight that's for sure. ;)