Urgent Help For Female Gsd X - Needs A New Home/foster Care

Have sent a pm to lovemesideways with Elly's suburb location, I hope it won't be too far away. Some more photos would really help!

Fingers crossed that Elly will soon be free and living like a dog should - thanks so much to everyone for their kindness and support, Elly and her owners truly appreciate all the help and I thank you on their behalf. :thumbsup:

Edited by dogmad

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is she far from me dogmad?

could go walk her too?

does she need a kennel, or is the shelter she has enough?

Lovely offer Juice. :thumbsup: She doesn't have a kennel but she does have shelter. She has access to the laundry and there is a little sheltered part as you walk up to the back door that she has access to.

She's about 5 mins from Parramatta.

I went around today and gave her a good walk. We walked for about 30-45 mins and went around 2 big blocks. She loved it and was such a good girl. She likes to walk ahead but doesn't pull and is very well behaved, she was lovely to walk. :thumbsup:

Ellie's owner's Mum was a little worried she'd bark and carry on at the sight of strangers but she didn't and we did pass a few, and quiet closely too. (I took great care and observed her body language carefully). A bicycle rider also rode past us on the path. She pricked her ears with interest but didn't react or lunge at it.

I tested her on the busy road to see how she'd go with the traffic but again she was fine. She only shied away once and that was when this big tarp thing blew out in front of us. It was enough to give me a fright. But she was fine when we re-walked past it and she saw it wasn't going to hurt us. (I think most dogs would of done the same).

She smiled the whole trip and stopped to smell all the tree's, poles and grass.

When we arrived back she got straight into the water bucket. Head and all. :laugh:

She done really well.

I am going to go back on saturday to take her for another walk. I will also take some cream for her ears as the flies are starting to bite them :( aswell as some flea/heartworm prevention and an allwormer incase she hasn't had one. (I meant to ask but forgot :hitself: ).

6331415792_43b4d7cc34.jpg

6331415800_bbc28da8d8.jpg

You can see the tarp thing in this picture. This was taken as we were about to go past it again.

6331415778_c9bc26f1bd.jpg

6331415770_3441800a99.jpg

6331415764_2dbcbc1190.jpg

6331415756_69a0dbf4ed.jpg

6331435752_ca5c0cb1a3.jpg

6331435754_2849c073f5.jpg

Back at home. Her nose is wet after dipping it in the water. :laugh:

6331435742_00ddf8e443.jpg

Edited by k9angel

Do we know what she is like with other dogs yet??

I was hoping we'd see one on our walk today but we didn't. (always the way)

We did however hear some smalls barking from a ground floor apartment so I deliberately walked her past to see what her reaction would be. She seemed fine and wasn't even bothered at all by the barking. If she was DA I would of expected a little more interest (if that makes sense) but she was more interested in smelling the grass.

I am hoping on our next walk we get to see one so I can see how she reacts/or doesn't react to give a better idea.

Thanks Rachel, you are making a huge difference to the quality of her life right now.

I can come over on Saturday (have got an appointment at 8am and won't be back home until after 11am) with one of my dogs, I could also see if a friend of mine who has large dogs might be able to bring her calm boy (Rottie cross) so we cculd get some idea of how she is.

She is a gorgeous dog :thumbsup:

K9 Angel, be careful giving her heartworm prevention. If she has heartworm, the preventative could potentially kill her, she should have a blood test done first to rule it out. She looks as though she really enjoyed her walk, you did a lovely thing for her.:)

She is a gorgeous dog :thumbsup:

K9 Angel, be careful giving her heartworm prevention. If she has heartworm, the preventative could potentially kill her, she should have a blood test done first to rule it out. She looks as though she really enjoyed her walk, you did a lovely thing for her.:)

Ta Clyde and yes I was going to ask about the heartworm prevention before I give it to her. :)

She may have a yearly vaccine, I am not sure, or she may not of had anything in which case I will suggest she get her tested. I know she is going to have her vaccinated in the next few days so I was going to suggest if she hasn't been on any prevention to get her tested first.

I don't think they've treated her for heartworm for a while. I had asked them to get some flea treatments, they have looked after her previously in this regard.

I'm really hoping that she'll be moving within the next month - we just need to test her with other dogs and this will help with finding a foster carer.

The owners took on a friend's male Collie Rough for a few months, a couple of years ago. Elly lived in harmony with this dog in the yard, the only issue was that the other dog took her food and she wasn't so happy with that but it was nothing terrible. Best not to feed dogs together anyway but they didn't know that.

I'm happy to come over on weekends and help with dog testing - we tried on our first visit but we hadn't realised how big she was, we didn't have the full story and we didn't have a choker chain so it just wasn't safe to continue our testing.

Poor Elly would have roasted out there in 36 degs today ...

I am pretty sure it got warmer than that. It felt like about 40 here today. :(

I thought of her today aswell. I wasn't able to get out and see her on the weekend as I had my 2 human kids sick with the flu and conjunctivitis (sp?). Bails is just about better but poor Jack is still unwell, despite going to the Doctor and having penicilin the past few days. His eye's have cleared up but he is still very congested and panics when he coughs thinking he is going to vomit. :(

I am going to go out and visit her tommorow and take her for a walk. (and if it's hot like today, give her a good hose down). I also have to get that fly cream on her. :( I missed seeing her on the weekend. She is probably wondering where I am too. :(