Imgur!

t a i l s.

hate people who steel photos. Not only did I have a photo stolen, they did some tacky little kitch edit and sent it around on an email list and said everyone is free to use the photo :eek:

Idiot who stole it didn't care when I contacted her

hate people who steel photos. Not only did I have a photo stolen, they did some tacky little kitch edit and sent it around on an email list and said everyone is free to use the photo :eek:

I've had someone re-edit one of mine with a rainbow and shimmery stuff :vomit:

Edited by huga

:mad

I've had someone re-edit one of mine with a rainbow and shimmery stuff :vomit:

LOL 'Cause rainbows and shimmery stuff is the first thing I think of when I think of your work :rofl:

Is there anything you can do about it. What would the person be doing with that pnoto? What's imgur? Are they claiming it's theirs or are they just showing it 'cause it's cute?

I must say I was very surprised to find one of my photos had been lifted and put on a facebook group. I let it stay there but let them know it was mine.

If someone is displaying copyrighted material without the appropriate permission and they refuse to do anything about it, make sure to get screen shots and make notes on dates.

Send them an invoice.

Send them a letter from a solicitor - this is one place where organizations can help you. (like AIPP etc)

Contact their IP - it's usually in the service contract and the company can pull the whole site.

Read the fine print on places like Facebook, Photobucket, Flikr etc so you know what can and can't be done with your images. The "rights" we grant by uploading to some sites are pretty extensive and usually buried in heavy language and way down deep in the agreements no one actually reads.

It's up to each of us to stand up against theft even if "it's no biggie" or "I don't mind".