Boarding Kennels Greenbank/springfield Qld

dammit

Does anyone know of a good dog kennel near Greenbank/Springfield Lakes area?

I googled and found "Greenbank Boarding Kennels" but can't find any info - has anyone used them?

We have 3 small breed dogs, they go outside most of the day but come in of a night. We are only going to be away 36 hours max. Would you put yours in a kennel? Or leave them in the yard with food? I just worry they would bark and about cane toads.

What about the boarding kennel that has the hydro therapy pool and vet surgery in one? The vet is called Furkids and their number is 3200 0498. Maybe see if you could go and have a look and if they have any vacancies.

I would possibly leave the dogs at home if its only for a short stint and wasnt too far away and get someone I know to check on them. Just make sure they have somewhere safe to go and hide and get shelter incase we get one of those freak storms and that they have ID tags on with the best contact numbers and their vets contact details on the back. Also enough water for this humid weather.

That Greenbank property is up for sale and has been for a while. I have no experience with the boarding kennel but I would be a bit concerned if you were booking a fair way in advance and they sold the property you could be left in the lurch.

Furkids are great and every time I'm there I see the boarding dogs out on their walks.

There are many great people that come to your house. I had a lovely lady out of the Jimboomba times come and look after my guys. Maybe have a look in the paper?

What about Alida Kennels at Yatala? It's a bit further to go but they are very good. They take shar pei and most kennels won't so they have a high tolerance to naughty dogs. I've referred a few of my rescue clients there and they have given very positive feedback. They have looked after pei for clients who were waiting for space here and the shar pei didn't go nuts which is always a good thing in a kennel. They have melt downs so quickly.

http://www.alidas.com.au/

Guest donatella

I would probably get a pet sitter to come in meal/bed times to let them in at night and out during the day.', there are heaps around at the moment some charge as little as 20-30 per visit, might be cheaper then a kennel (not sure though as never used a kennel) and at least the dogs are in a familiar setting

Edited by donatella

What about Alida Kennels at Yatala? It's a bit further to go but they are very good. They take shar pei and most kennels won't so they have a high tolerance to naughty dogs. I've referred a few of my rescue clients there and they have given very positive feedback. They have looked after pei for clients who were waiting for space here and the shar pei didn't go nuts which is always a good thing in a kennel. They have melt downs so quickly.

Hi AMS,

Would this kennel take on problem dogs, such as my Rotty boy who has fear aggression ? I'm looking for a kennel with very limited contact between staff and the dog.

Edited by RL1

Looks like the Greenbank Boarding Kennel is the same thing as Furkids, the phone numbers are the same. So has anyone boarded their dogs there? Thanks for the feedback.

I thought you may be talking about Damauren Kennels on Attunga Rd, Greenbank. I've only driven past it and seen the signs, never in there.

I have never boarded a dog at Furkids but I highly recommend the staff there. They are breeders and showies and are a wealth of knowledge. I would be comfortable boarding my dogs with amazing staff like them around.

Hi AMS,

Would this kennel take on problem dogs, such as my Rotty boy who has fear aggression ? I'm looking for a kennel with very limited contact between staff and the dog.

RL certainly worth a call to find out. Most kennels won't touch pei and Alidas' have a lot of return pei clients.

Hi AMS,

RL certainly worth a call to find out. Most kennels won't touch pei and Alidas' have a lot of return pei clients.

Really ? Do pei have a bad reputation ? I've just noticed alidas is fully booked out, but it could be a good option for the future.

I agree that Alidas is fantastic - we have been there with our dogs many times. I wont be able to use them this time due to distance/timing of the trip,

thinking I will either try this Greenbank kennel and see how it goes, or get a pet minding service like dont fret pet to visit the house to feed/check on the dogs etc given it is only an overnight trip.