Help! 6 Day Old Puppies Vomiting/crying

hilaryo

Hi all

My yesterday one of my puppies started crying a lot and vomits after feeding. He also has a lot of saliva around his mouth. He was still putting on weight so I was keeping and eye on hi. This morning another puppy is doing the same thing. I have never had this before - will be off to the vet but has anyone had this or know what it could be?

Thanks - Hilary0's daughter.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi it's Hilaryo, just driven up from Brisbane.

Macey seems 100% fine. No temp, no mastitis.

Tiny bitch puppy and tri boy were fine yesterday. The tan & white boy was vomiting after every feed yesterday but still putting on weight. I knew nothing about this or I would have been straight up then. Today the tiny girl is sick salivating but could have vomited (sara not sure) and pitifull crying. She has been given fluid injection and is being kept warm but the vet doesn't like her chances :cry: She was full of gas in her stomach probably from feeding but not being warm enough so milk fermenting in her gut.

Both tiny and T&W given shot of antibiotics.

Tri boy is still fine. T&W one vomit not long ago.

We are not sure what to do, whether to let Macey feed them or not - or possibly let their gut settle down.

This is the most awful situation - so distressing!!!

Edited by hilaryo

Oh Hilaryo i'm so sorry. This breeding business is so hard and heartbreaking at times isn't it. I was very lucky with my last litter that we got through all our little problems, diarrhoea (from mum's AB's) etc. but it's just so hard when you love them so much and are doing everything you can to keep them safe and well. I have everything crossed for you, I hope all goes well from here on in.

I'm not sure if this helps at all or is the thing to do in this situation but when Mia's milk was a bit rich for pups and they got an upset tummy our vet recommended giving them a feed of Lectade every second feed to rest their tummy? I'm sure you've checked with your vet though and you are doing everything you possibly can already.

:( my heart goes out to you Hilary, I imagine you are doing everything possible.

Have you tried the liver tea or protexin ?

huge hugs

fifi

Thanks sara is holding her her colour is awful and she's not moving barely breathing - too late for this weeny girl. Can't stop crying - poor baby.

There is no sign of mastitis no sign of the runs but mum might be cleaning up well.

Tiny has gone :cry:

T&W boy brings up some frothy milk

Oh Hilaryo this is so very sad for you all. My heart is going out to you. :cry:

It all has gone horribly this past 24 hours. Love and hugs to you all. :grouphug: