2012 Training Goals

Now that the trialling year has ended, time to update. We trialled very sparingly this year as I have been busy with Uni, and missed quite a lot of obedience and agility trials due to the retrieving season and a few holidays laugh.gif

Updates in red.

Ruby

- A UD pass :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Didn't quite make it, got very close, though! Just ONE BOX! Argh!

- RN title

Check! Also got RA as a bonus.

- JDM title

Only entered a couple of trials at the beginning of the year, Ruby has been semi-retired from agility. I miss trialling her though so she may make a comeback next year!

- Be ADX ready at some point

Entered and she got a pass and 1st place in her ADX debut at the Western Classic.

- SPD / SD / GD titles

SPD title check!

SD/GD titles, well it helps to actually enter them to have a shot LOL! We don't get many games trials here in WA.

- Enter some retrieving trials and she brings me at least 1 bird back! Might have to save the QND title for another year, or a future dog!

Entered and she surpassed my expectations :D 3 finishes, 2 with second places! Two more finishes to go for her QND. She has a bit of a hard mouth for the retrieving thang so if I can work on that over the summer, we may give it another crack next year. Apart from the hard mouth, she was really starting to go great guns so it is such a shame to have to pull out due to the mouth thing :(

Millie

- RN title

Check! Also got RA as a bonus.

- JDX title

Check!

- ADX title

Not quite. Trialled sparingly, but we have 2 passes under our belt. Our goal for next year.

- SPD / SD / GD titles

SPD title check! Same deal as above with games.

- Be UD ready at some point

Got her into the UD ring to see where she is at, and we still have a fair bit of work to do. Have really been focusing my obedience efforts on Ruby's UD embarrass.gif

All this is dependent on how many trials I actually make it to. I plan on focusing on the retrieving mainly during winter so might not make it to many obedience/agility trials. So those titles/passes are really stretching it! laugh.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: That's a pretty good year's work, RS - especially when you add in your super Uni results :cheer:

Thanks, Tassie! Yep the uni results were the icing on the cake! It was a pretty hairy year, not a lot of time to scratch my bum, and to think I almost pulled out of a retrieving trial at the last minute because I had a panic attack about an essay that was due, to end up going anyway and Ruby giving me her first 3 birdies in a row for her first finish! I was in tears (of joy!) biggrin.gif Definitely the highlight of my trialling year that day, and she got a nice retrieving fringie to boot for her 2nd place, never thought I'd get one of those!! eek1.gifbiggrin.gif

Hmm, as suspected this list I didn't really put much of a dent in it! But it made trialling more special when we actually got to go!!

Jedi

* CDX Title - I think I only entered him in Open once this year. Oops. :o

* RN Title - Check!

* RA Title - One pass towards RA.

* AD Title - No agility this year.

* JDX Title - No agility this year.

* GD Title - No agility this year.

* SD Title - No agility this year.

* HT pass - No herding for Jedi this year.

Ahsoka

* CCD Title - Still sitting on 2 passes. But only entered her once but didn't end up trialling.

* CD Title - Ha!

* JD Title - No agility this year.

* AD Title - No agility this year.

* GD Title - No agility this year.

* RN Title - Check!

* RA Title - One pass towards.

* HT pass - No herding for Ahsoka this year.

* Neutered Champion Title - Check!

Revan

* CCD Title - Decided to skip CCD. He has had one Novice trial and qualified!

* RN Title - Check!

* RA Title - One pass towards.

* HIC - Check!

* HT Title - Check!

* PT Title - Ran out of herding season!

* FD Title - 1 point towards!

* FDX Title

* FDCh Title

* ET Title - Check!

So maybe it was the year of the Revan... He has started to catch up to the other two. But hopefully next year we'll have a little more time. :crossfingers: