Litters Due In February 2012

Bilbo Baggins

Congratulations to all the new puppies lets hope the rest of us can go uneventful.

Willows temp is stable at 38 degrees both morning and night. She is hardly eating and every time she lays down she squirts a small pile of milk. So much weight and he boobies are HUGE eek1.gif. She has gained 11kg so my hope for only 8 has faded I think more like 12 in there.

Can't wait to here from others whats going on as I am sitting here checking and reading wondering when will it be our turn lol. Impatient much???? Not me....

:laugh: Underfoot - sounds as though you are going to have your hands full!!

Hope it goes well for you underfoot! I thought my girl would have a few more than 3, as she looked like she was carrying more than that earlier, but toward the end of the pregnancy I looked at her and thought she didn't look so big after all!

Same here Shellbyville!! At 5wks I thought Kinta was MASSIVE and she certainly expanded much bigger than last time! But now, at almost 8wks, I'd say she's no bigger than she was last time, though she hasn't 'dropped' them yet and they are still sitting up under her rib cage. I'd say where in for another litter around the 6 puppy mark, which suits me just fine :D. Enough to choose from, but not too much poop to clean up after ;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to alarm you Underfoot but I heard of a GSD having 17 :eek: yesterday (4 Stilbourn)All doing ok so far and weights all between 350-400grams. I was gobsmacked when she kept posting FB 9. Oh gosh 11. Oh gosh 15. Oh gosh 17 so 13 GSD's wow what a handfull that will be on poo patrol.

WOW!!!! 17 is a scary thought. Last time she had 12 but one was stillborn and the poop and cleaning was insane. With larger litters the amount of washing goes through the roof and just ensuring they all drink well and gain weight. Guess I might be in for a week of no sleep again once they are here.

Ok here is a pic with a few days to go.

post-38150-0-04675200-1329106183_thumb.jpg

post-38150-0-44282900-1329106185_thumb.jpg

I am not worried at all that we have a small litter this time. Some puppy buyers are going to be disappointed, but I have just mated another girl last week, so they won't have to wait too long, if they want to wait that is.

I wanted a couple of girls for myself from this litter and got 2 girls, Hopefully they will both be good enough to keep, so happy with that! You are right so much less stressful than worrying if they all get enough to drink, I will be worrying that the mum doesn't develop mastitis as she is always a good producer and her boobies are enormous, for 3 little pups.

Underfoot your girl looks so uncomfortable....I think there are a lot in there :) Good luck!

leopuppy I would say 5 (sounds like a good number to me) and all girls.

Does anyone have any advice for constipation for an almost due bitch? Poor Willow isnt eating much (drinking heaps) but she is just so full she is a bit blocked up and needs to strain quite a bit to go. Any ideas????

Good luck Underfoot!! My girl had 12 for her first 2 litters and her 3rd was 16 :eek: so very happy with 10 this time :D

omg 16 eek1.gif I would not know what to do with myself. Lots of coffee I guess for a week and then a huge vacation once they go to their new homes to recover.

Willows sides have gone a lumpy so I think by Friday she will go. Either that or some wishful thinking. This crappy Melbourne weather is not helping her either. Hot then bloody freezing now it is getting warm again and then cold later in the week again.

Here are a few pictures of my little litter, pups 1 day old. Mum is doing a great job, but look at her boobies...huge, and a little lumpy, so will have to watch that. I can't believe how easy a little litter is! Mum can do it all and plenty of nipples to go around!

post-7564-0-75240800-1329178894_thumb.jpg

post-7564-0-37635100-1329178903_thumb.jpg