Litters Due In February 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyndsay I hope you got the fenuegreek as going from that photo her boobs do not look very full probably because she was not quite due.

In humans a caesar definitely knocks back the milk production for a day or so.

We can't source it near home anywhere but we have found a place that might have it and will give them a call and go down and get some tomorrow if they do. Her 2 caudal boobs are developing better and the last four all seem to be producing more milk. She's maintained her weight the last 24 hours but has hardly put any on yet and isn't back to her birth weight.

Lyndsay that pup is going to be a very content little chubba having the whole milk bar to herself. Sorry to hear none of the others made it but best if luck with this little girl

I hope so, right now it feels like we are getting no where!

My very pregnant Italian greyhound girl, taken yesterday at 57 days

d2612c3d.jpg

Cute! Do you know how many she's likely to have? What colours are you expecting? I love the range of colours Iggies come in, all the best with her!

Lyndsay going by her size I'm guessing around 6 pups. She was bred to a fawn pied dog so that mating can only produce blue and/or fawn pups with varying amounts of white. But fawn can mean blue fawn, red fawn etc so there's quite a colour range within fawn.

Lyndsay going by her size I'm guessing around 6 pups. She was bred to a fawn pied dog so that mating can only produce blue and/or fawn pups with varying amounts of white. But fawn can mean blue fawn, red fawn etc so there's quite a colour range within fawn.

Looking forward to puppy pics of them. :)

I had a singleton puppy almost two years ago and had the same problem with the Dam with milk not coming down, it was a c section too, I eventually hand reared him as the milk did not come down and sadly the bitch lost interest in the pup. I tried everything to get it to come down, but nothing worked.

I reared him on Biolac, available at the SACA shop, I see that you are in the Adelaide hills like me, and good pet stores, he dropped a fair bit of weight and once on Biolac I could see the difference, and also being a singleton I have info here from top vets in the USA that say that singleton puppies can be weaned at an earlier age, so the day that he turned three weeks old I started to wean him, from there he never looked back, so be prepared to hand rear, rather than loose her as she is such a darling baby girl, sorry to hear of her siblings and the precious babies in the first litter.

Try your local stock feed store...I feed it to my ponies and I can by powdered fengugeek for a bout 14.00 for 2kg. otherwise you local herb section in the supermarket.. and use your coffee grinder or pestel and morter to grind it to powder. Another good milk producing receipe(excuse spelling tonight) is....

250ml full cream milk

1 teaspoon honey

1 egg

2 x junket tablets..can buy from coles or use 1tbl sp natural yogurt

1 tsp flaxseed oil

have used this for all my litters and mum has had plenty of milk! even for a litter of 16 with no supplement feeding of pups.

Edited by Hawksdale

Thank you Mjosa and Hawksdale!

The DOLer Ravyk was amazing and dropped off some fenugreek tonight! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Baby is finally putting some weight on from this arvo and evening and she's got a fat tummy now. We have been topping her up with wombaroo after each feed and it has made a difference.

Mjosa - I have been doing some reading today of some of my breeding books and reproduction text books and have read the same thing about weaning early.

Ruby is showing more and more interest and is toileting her and acting much more 'motherly' than previously, thankfully. :D

Wow how cool to have so many diffent colours from the one colour!! Mine are like the old fords...you can have any colour you like as long as it is black :laugh:

I am so pleased to hear that your precious, and precious she is, is starting to show a marked improvement, but you are lucky your Ruby is actually acting like a Mother,my girl lost complete interest, her first litter she had seven and she was the perfect Mother, hardly had to do anything but keep the bedding clean with that lot, I think with the sinleton she thought was not worth putting the effort in :laugh:

All the very best and I hope that she continues to thrive.

Yes I found that good advice about weaning early, which I did, and he really took off once he was getting solids.

I've been fairly quiet, so apologies to those I've missed a congratulations for ...

Our trio has been doing amazingly well and are now 11 days old. They are without any doubt the strongest, healthiest litter I've ever had, and are coming along in leaps and bounds.

I'm on eye-opening watch now LOL

I've been putting up a few photos of the days here: http://armahanidiamond.blogspot.com.au/

Up to 152 grams today from 144 yesterday. Is it normal for it to take quite some time to get her to defecate? Ruby is ok with getting her to urinate but I don't think she's getting her to defecate. It's taking me ages to get her to go and I think it looks a litte dry. We have upped the % of water in her supplement.