Litters Due In February 2012

Bilbo Baggins

Just back from the vet.....and am a little nervous at posting.

All fingers and toes crossed for a healthy litter - due 15th February.

Confirmed 3 puppies on ultrasound.

After the last two attempts, am hoping that progesterone testing throughout the pregnancy and supplementing if required will have a different result to last time.

What breed?

Shetland Sheepdog.

Small litters are normal. 2 - 4 puppies is about average.

I've been reading lots. My mentor and breeder, and the other breeders near me have never had to progesterone supplement before. Steep learning curve.

Edited by jr_inoz

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well February is not far away and I have fingers crossed for everyone having a successful and healthy litter. Not to forget here's to hoping it contains the BIS we are all hoping for. Miss Willow is at 5.5 weeks and already looks like a house. She had 12 last time and we were hoping for less than 10 but I don't think the big cheese was listening. An xray done in the last week will give us an estimate. So excited till then.

I've got a litter of Finnish Lapphunds due on the 14 February. This will be my "Diamond" litter, so the date has ended up somewhat apt ;) .

It is my first AI with frozen imported semen litter, so I am nervous, excited, lacking sleep (with all the weird dreams I keep having), incapable of concentrating on anything else, and just generally beside myself!! :laugh:

It's also been over two years since my last litter, so I think that is contributing to the excitement levels :) .

This one has been planned since early 2007 and it has been an interesting 12 months getting to this point ... the story of which is here ..... http://armahanidiamond.blogspot.com/

Welcome to February Everyone. thumbsup1.gif

Here's to some successful whelping.

My Girl is BIGGER than last time with 2 weeks to go (she had 12 previously) but she is doing so much better. This time last time she could hardly eat and was very puffed when she walked around too much. This time she is much bigger and is eating like a vaccuum cleaner. Here's to hoping this continues.

Cant wait to see the pics and hear the stories as I wait patiently for our turn.

champagne.gifcheer.gifcheers.gifclap.gif