My Dog Is A Dork Because......

kitkatswing

during walks in the neighbourhood my two have seen a few cats lurking around front doors / under cars / bushes,

Now they think every bucket, tree stump, rock, plant pot, that is dark in colour and vaguely cat size, is a cat ..... can you get prescription glasses for dogs ?

might make them look more intelligent too :D

post-40932-0-74201200-1323305706_thumb.jpg

Yep, I have a couple of "dorks" too.

My Jack Russell Tip stole a wire coat hanger once, and tried to escape through his dog door. BANG, as the sides of the coat hanger hit the dog door, and sent him reeling backwards. He shook himself and tried again, and again. He eventually figured out that he had to hold the long end, and the coathanger would fit.....

Di

My girl chewed all the clips and buttons off the bottom of every doona cover we own when she was younger. She likes to crawl under the sheets and doona when she gets cold so of course sometimes crawls inside the doona cover as well by accident. Late last summer I had an empty cover on the bed to sleep under. When I got up she tried to get up and was trapped inside. That didn't stop her though - she did a run to the back door with it floating behind her like a ghost.

Her most dork thing though is how she sleeps in the most bizarre positions. The lumpier the thing underneath the more comfy she seems to be.

On occassion young Clover will be lying on the bed sleeping with the rest of us...when suddenly we get a low growl. "Hark...there's an intruderin our room"...the growl becomes more threatening..."Off with you, she says..I mean business..I'll bite you!"

We turn on the light to see her growling at her own reflection in a mirror! :laugh:

When I was digging through the vege patch last weekend I found a flat metal cutout in the shape of a cat. I guess it was from previous owners intended to scare away birds. I just picked it up and stuck it against the fence. Well, Hunter spotted it and began with a deep growl which progressed into a protective bark. I picked it up and showed him it was just a flat bit of metal but turning it over he went off again. I was in fits of laughter :rofl:

Yet to see if it will work on the birds!

I rehomed a NON cat safe Greyhound to a couple a few years ago. Obviously they didn't have cats.. but they had a cement cat statue in their garden. While we were standing around in their yard she spotted the cat statue and locked on her gaze. We all stopped and were trying not to laugh... wondering what she was going to do. Suddenly she jumped and snapped at it! Gave herself a good fright when she chomped down on cement!

On occassion young Clover will be lying on the bed sleeping with the rest of us...when suddenly we get a low growl. "Hark...there's an intruderin our room"...the growl becomes more threatening..."Off with you, she says..I mean business..I'll bite you!"

We turn on the light to see her growling at her own reflection in a mirror! :laugh:

yeah i relate... except its the dally and he only needs to hear the tractor crossing the neighbours paddock and he will bark and growl frantically from the safety of the couch.

the noise is terrrible... oh and all the doors are open if he wants to go and protect the yard! he is the biggest and the dumbest. what other dog can fall in the dam every day!

its not like it moved or anything... he always pretends like he did it accidentally! :rofl: :rofl:

yeah right!

combine that with the lump his skull from trying to walk under the table without ducking... no he did not get taller nor the table shorter... he came here at 10 months old... ;)

oh well at least he has been super easy to train...

We have an inside dog and an outside dog. The outside dog is absolutely terrified of thunder. She will tear the door off the house trying to get in and hide. At that stage, we had an old screen door in the laundry that the previous owners had put a cat flap in. (You know where this is going)

So one summer, we have a storm, and outside dog thinks the world is ending (again) so she's desperate to get in. I hear a noise and think nothing of it. Then Outside Dog walks into my bedroom, happy as larry, with the cat flap stuck over her head after (obviously) not fitting through and just tearing it off!

We got a Crim Safe door after that....

A couple of years ago I was told to discipline my girl who was causing fights by making her sleep outside for the night - like ostracising her from the pack. She carried on like a pork chop but since I sleep with ear plugs I still managed to nod off. In the early hours of the morning though there she was on my bed. In my daze I thought one of the neighbours must've had enough and unlocked my back door and let her in. In the morning I discovered she had crawled right under the house and managed to find a vent that is under our 3 lounge room stairs. She busted through some steel mesh, gyprock and the metal vent itself to break back in to the house. Very clever!

A couple of years ago I was told to discipline my girl who was causing fights by making her sleep outside for the night - like ostracising her from the pack. She carried on like a pork chop but since I sleep with ear plugs I still managed to nod off. In the early hours of the morning though there she was on my bed. In my daze I thought one of the neighbours must've had enough and unlocked my back door and let her in. In the morning I discovered she had crawled right under the house and managed to find a vent that is under our 3 lounge room stairs. She busted through some steel mesh, gyprock and the metal vent itself to break back in to the house. Very clever!

:rofl: Wow, clever girl!

Wow!

Thats pretty amazing. :eek:

:eek: :eek: I'll say!! :laugh: