Is Anyone Interested In Fostering Ipswich/brisbane Area

Hi Guy's as you know I did run a large all breeds rescue for years until I burnt my self out :mad , but wanted to start a very small scale rescue to help the what seems to be more and more lately chihuahua's finding themselves impounded, if anyone is interested in helping please let me know, another Chihuahua rescue has started also in Brisbane but they are very limited in what they can take at this stage.

Edited by varicool

Poor little mites. They look very pretty, VC. Are any of the other rescues that take smaller breeds able to help, too?

The little one, second from the left....I can't make it out clearly from the pic....but does it have a 'spaniel' look?

Hi Mita, they are being contacted as well, its a busy time for everyone unfortunately coming up to Christmas, that one is a long haired chi, all be it a poorly bred one by the looks, they all come from a breeder who passed away. Small dogs rescue took two female chihuhaua's from the same person a couple of weeks back.

He does but if he is anything like the 4 that were surrendered from the same owner a couple of weeks ago, they are all Chi's. All very tiny as well. The same size as my Junebug.

Edited by varicool

Guest donatella

happy to help, the fluffy guy is adorable. how do we go about the rescue if they're not through an actual rescue group?

happy to help, the fluffy guy is adorable. how do we go about the rescue if they're not through an actual rescue group?

Hi have sent you a message, I am starting up a very small rescue again myself,called "Tiny dog rescue" but need a couple of foster carers on board first :D The older boy I have in mind for you is not pictured here, but is coming to my place tonight.

Edited by varicool

Guest donatella

whiskey.jpg

Whiskey the oldest boy at 9 he is staying with me until foster care is arranged.

He is ADORABLE!! so long as Lucy doesn't annoy him with her wanting to play I think he will love it at my place, we operate on lots love and attention. He looks like the perfect foster for me.

Will defintely be a good little dog to start fostering, something I would advise getting is a medium sized crate if you have not got one already, I always crate train fosters, its very handy for if you do need to seperated them for a little while and for sleeping in :D

Thanks for posting VC. I am able to release these dogs to rescue, and Varicool will organise from there.

They are all boys. There are two littermates Jose and Pepe both 2yrs, their father Jacko, 4yrs and Pedro 6yrs.

These dogs are terrified and are going to need very understanding carers - I am sure they will settle down a little when they are out of the pound, but right now they can't cope and are doing all the things scared little dogs do! They will need understanding and patience to come out of their shells.

:)

that one is a long haired chi,

It's just that the little dog looks like it has 'down' ears like a spaniel (along with that colouring). Maybe it's just the photo giving the impression.

Long haired Chi's have the feathering on their ears as well which from the pic give the impression of them being down, I think it is not a clear picture.

Maree

CPR

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i am willing to take on a dog. I would love to give one a loving for ever home i have 2 females izzy 6 months old and lilly 3 a rescue dog.I am in gympie and would love a 3rd one i love them so much they have there own identitys.I dont care if it is male or female. I can foster one to if needed. my aunty use to breed them in victoria so i have had a fear bit to do with them. please let me know if i can help thanks kate