Scruffer/lurcher/stag Etc

I used to privately help the scruffers & rehome them. Most of them came from NSW, although a couple came from here in SA.

Anyway haven't done any for a while but got sucked in by the skinny boy from West Wyalong & he's here now :o

He will be available once he's put on some much needed condition. Unfortunately I do not know of anyone in Victoria though :(

My dream is to have a facility to rescue the scruffers :heart:

If you have facebook I have a page set up for Scruffer Lovers called 'Scruffer Lovers' :laugh:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scruffer-Lovers/133033863464795 maybe post on there or keep an eye out as others post on there too. Not many 'likers' but it couldn't hurt :)

I will keep my eyes & ears open too.

We have the lovely Nala. I'm on my phone so can't add her picture, but our Pet Rescue site is www.PetRescue.com.au/member/1182

She's on the first page. We're in Victoria.

Also, on Facebook there us an Australian acruffer lovers page which a number of rescues are using. I think it's called just that.

removed as not a rescue

Are they are rescue who desex or a for sale only site ?

fifi

I've removed the link from my quote so as not to promote a non rescue site.

thanks Luvmymutts for clarifying their status :)

fifi

Edited by fifi

removed as not a rescue

Are they are rescue who desex or a for sale only site ?

fifi

I've removed the link from my quote so as not to promote a non rescue site.

thanks Luvmymutts for clarifying their status :)

fifi

My sincere apologies again ;I did not want to promote a non rescue group.I had been misinformed about this group;my mistake.

Glad you removed my link from your post As have i..I hope Lovemymutts will do the same.

Edited by Purdie

Thanks! Freya was the one I was thinking of. Fergie has been adopted. :)

Wagga animal rescue gets alot of staggy/wolfy. We have really nice dog ATM named fergie on our website.

Transport to VIC is quite easily organised too.

Freya is gorgeous!!!

:thumbsup: No worries Purdie, I'd not heard of them and was just concerned as the website looked like hunting for sale site.

It breaks my heart to see how many wolfhound, deerhounds, greyhounds ect are being Xbred & peddled :(

fifi

Hi Fifi. I didn't know if you were still around. My lovely Duke, the wolfie cross, died at 12-13 of bloat last year. I'm compensating by taking on as many wolfie crosses as we can.

:( Duke had a special place in my heart, I'm so sorry you've lost him - he must have gotten to a great age :o

fifi

edit..yes I'm still around !! just not as involved with rescue these days.

Edited by fifi

He was in great nick but then he died during an emergency operation for bloat last November. We were devastated - by the time we got him to emergency clinic and they operated it was too late - he had a great heart but it gave way after 5 hours in the operating theatre - much missed.

I've just gone onto the Trading Post FTGH and found 2 ads for Wolfound crosses in VIC, sad.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Pets-Horses/Dogs/Dogs-Free-to-Good-Home/AdNumber=TP004941793

The above is a link to a 1 yr old cross, a very handsome boy.

The other ad has a dog that isn't very old either and says he's an Irish Wolfhound cross and good with other dogs.