• I dislike cats
    • I like cats but I like dogs better
    • I like dogs and cats equally
    • I like cats better than dogs

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my cats and have always had lots of them. My dad is a cat person - he had 6 cats before he ever had children, and that was definitely passed on to me. I only have one cat now (a Tonkinese) but I adore him. Honestly, I appreciate him probably slightly more than I do my dogs. I love my dogs, but I relate to my cat better. And my dogs are quite cat-like in their behaviour (or at least, foreign shorthair-like!) - they're lazy, they like to lie on the couch with me, they don't make a mess, they don't demand attention all the time, etc.

On the other hand, my partner has always been a cat person (it's one of the reasons I like him so much!) but has well and truly been converted. He doesn't have any time for our cat these days.

Joss and Oscar are total besties:

23ku54p.png

rlf78z.png

I like them equally. I have four dogs and six cats, and they are all special for their own reasons. I find indoor cats much more friendly and affectionate than cats who are allowed to roam. My baby Ginger runs and leaps into my arms when I get home, tackles my legs, plays fetch, etc. What's not to love? :)

2 of my cats play fetch, and 3 come running soon as I call their names. The other 3 come too.. when they are ready lol. Devon rex cats are the best to sleep with, they make lovely hot water bottles plus very very minimal shedding if any. I have 2 devons, 2 bengals and 2 LaPerms, all indoor cats. The devons and laperms are just ppl in little furry bodies lol.

I bought a cat to be a friend for my dog, and to give him some extra motivation to eat (he has very low interest in food, even raw foods).

The tonkinese is very friendly, and I enjoy watching him - he's a very handsome cat, talk him to the vet the other day and the vet told us he thought he was a "magnificent specimen", but dogs are where it's at for me. The cat is smart and understands a lot of what we say, but the dog wants to partner with me and would follow me to the ends of the earth. I know it's weird, but I also find the cat a bit unhygenic which makes it hard for me to be as close. Cat saliva is full of bacteria and he plays in his litter tray :s Whereas dog saliva is antibacterial - if your dog licks a wound it heals faster.

No image, sorry. I could not transfer from My Documents to this site. The three Akitas loved the two British Blues, all used to snuggle together in front of the fire during winter. One Akita regularly cleaned the cats :).

I think people's opinions of cats really depend on the cats they meet. So many people I know are of the opinion that cats are stand-offish and grumpy. They are always shocked when they meet my two - confident, bubbly, happy cats and enormous attention whores. :laugh:

I have been a dog person since I was a young kid, but things shifted a bit when I moved out into my own house and by chance came across a little 6 month old stray. I was never able to find any owners and so that cat became Mister. He is my 'heart cat' and I am so happy to have him in my life. And then of course one wasn't enough so I welcomed Dali into our household! Now I would say I like both species equally. They both have their own really good points if one delves deep enough.

I put equal, because there are cats I dislike and dogs I dislike - it all comes down to the temperament. I am a quiet person and dislike boisterous animals - jumping, barking, biting, etc. I grew up with my beloved cat Tiger (was the only pet I was allowed, and at that it was a stray kitten that found us) and I thought I was definitely a cat person. I was also attacked when I was about 7 by a GSD who broke off his chain, and after that I feared dogs although small ones posed less of a threat. To this day large dogs still scare me.

It has been about 4 years since Tiger had to be put to sleep and with 2 children we decided we would enjoy a pet and it would be good for the kids too. We live quite close to a highway and had visions of a squished cat, so we decided it had to be an animal that could be contained to our yard but could also explore the world with us (in a controlled way). I think it is in a cat's nature to want to roam, so I couldn't keep a cat locked up 24/7 and we don't have a large enough yard to allow a cat run of a decent size as well as room for the kids to play.

We are totally new to being dog people, but the last 3 weeks have seen us fall head over heals for our puppy. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship :laugh:

I'm a cat person at heart but I still love my dogs.

The Hornet is my heart cat, and I love that when I'm away for a weekend dogshow he drives my husband nuts my walking around the house looking for me! The Hornet is not like most cats - he plays fetch (with the dogs as well as inside), he loves to shower, clicker trained to do a few tricks and is just fantastic with our 3 year old daughter.

My husband likes both cats and dogs equally.

Pretty well sums up the difference between dogs and cats:

What Pets Write IN THEIR DIARIES.

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary.[/b

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary…

Day 983 of my captivity...

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. Bastards.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.....for now.

LOL so true :laugh:

Personally I recon my cat thinks I'm her slave....