10 Pups (all Rescued!)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great Darren... ours will be ready to go in a couple of weeks - only had their shots on Sunday... and we wormed them today - no worms... yay!

I finally (sorta) mowed my yard this afternoon - had to use the mulching block instead of the catcher 'cos the grass was so long... errr! Still need to do the edges, but the pups don't seem to mind - they like playing with the long bits there...

They really like climbing on overturned clam shells, so I've set up 2 of them out there for them to play "king of the castle" on... lol! That's when they stop chewing on each other, that is... *sigh*

Now the grass is shorter, they are venturing further out and about in the yard too... maybe they will poop somewhere other than right near the back steps now...

T.

OK - crappy photos due to low light, but here are individual shots of our 7... with names!

Jasper - largest boy - wearing light blue collar with pink motif

20-12-2011-caringbah7003.jpg

Ellie - cheekiest girl - wearing pink collar with reflective stripes

20-12-2011-caringbah7007.jpg

Maddie - smallest girl - wearing light pink collar with motif

20-12-2011-caringbah7009.jpg

James - most Labbie looking pup - wearing red collar with reflective stripes

20-12-2011-caringbah7020.jpg

Caleb - pants leg tugger - wearing blue collar with reflective stripes

20-12-2011-caringbah7055.jpg

Dexter - Mr Snugglebum with people, Mr Bruiser with his littermates - wearing orange collar with reflective stripes

20-12-2011-caringbah7067.jpg

Rory - most mellow and snuggly pup of the lot - wearing black collar with motif

20-12-2011-caringbah7095.jpg

I'm slowly sorting out their temperaments, likes, and dislikes, etc... basically right now, they like food and playing... lol!

T.

I'm still learning their personalities, but here's what I have so far...

Rory - most laid back and calm pup

James - likes to climb on top of things - then go to sleep

Dexter - most likely to snuggle with humans and rumble with littermates - he's one of the smallest and doesn't appreciate being trampled when they all see a person coming for a cuddle

Caleb - loves grabbing pants legs and playing tug

Ellie - cheekiest by far - and has that cute flyaway ear that makes her look cherubic when she looks at you after doing something naughty as if to say "What?"

Maddie - perfectly happy to rumble with her bigger siblings or get snuggles from anyone wanting a cuddle

Jasper - the biggest, but is a bit of an enigma - loves being carried around like Lord Muck

They are definitely all different, but they all totally love people, and aren't afraid of much.

T.

Awww... Kyoto sounds like she's a bit of a handful... lol!

T.

I remember those days she was calm and placid and would sleep in my arms like a good little pup.

All those couple of days ago. :cry:

No but seriously, love her to bits. She's got character!

Edited by Plan B

Baha. It seems to have worked... the day I put her profile up, we had non-stop applications.

These pups are all estimated to be Lab x's (and there are Brindle Labs too, Kyoto's patches being similar) and my vet sees some Cattle Dog in there too.

I can see Lab, Rotti, and GSD in mine Darren... and maybe a smidge of kelpie/cattle/staffy in a couple.

There is definitely Rotti in the mix - a friend of mine is allergic to Rotti saliva, and these furkids licked her and caused a nasty rash... errr!

Thinking about it, Zeddy has Rotti in her, and her licks always make any wounds I have get better faster. My other dogs don't have the same effect when they lick a wound... I've tested it. Maybe Rotti saliva has something different about it?

James is like a lanky Lab, but has a slightly staffy-ish chunk to his jawline, Rory is definitely channelling GSD, and the others are more like crosses of the breeds listed above... and I think all of them are going to end up in the Large Dog category... have you checked the feet and stocks on these furkids???? Huge front feet with really chunky wrists!

Whatever they are, they are definitely going to be stunning when they grow up - not an "ugly" one in the bunch... hehe!

T.

Gosh they are one cute litter of babies!

Oh dear I am laughing - Darren you got ripped off terribly!

I hate to think how many dad's those pups had. I've noticed lab and GSD and now in Ebony I see SBT!

I was thinking the same thing, in the group of seven I can def see alot of labbyness except for little rory! But you can also see a few that really look staffy like and a few that have that real sheppy look!

And they look not alot like their mummy! :laugh:

These guys are going to make some new owners very happy :D

I must also mention that D & M have done a wonderful job raising these babies before rescue got to take them in - they are all very social and not timid of anything - big fat healthy bubs too. A real credit to the care of their mum's owners... and there were 12 in this litter all up! That's a heck of a lot of work - and I thank D & M for allowing us to help find these lovely furkids new homes.

My 7 are the funniest things to see romping around - they definitely have that Labby pup gawky running style... lol!

lillypilly took a whole heap of photos at the same time as I did the other day - she got a good number of pics of them chasing after me and running back to her - check the photos out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/72458083@N05/ - but I warn you, you may hit cuteness overload! There are 145 pics in all...

T.

My 7 babies all got a pig's ear each yesterday... and after the initial confusion about what they were supposed to do with them, they worked it out and had a great time chewing them up.

Thank you Katdogs for the HUGE bag of yummy pig's ears - all of the furkids here reckon you are the bestest!

T.