10 Pups (all Rescued!)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T, I think you've been getting all the good adopters!

The amount of people I've had who have flaked out on meeting Kyoto at the last minute because they've decided they're not ready for a puppy (which is fine by me, better now than later) and then the ones who don't want to come and meet her because I've said she's not ready to go yet and will not do adoptions on the same day as a meet, and then earlier I had a lady call to say she wanted to give Kyoto to her mother as a surprise gift.

:banghead:

She has someone coming to meet her tomorrow, coming from two hours away, knows how much work puppies are, and understands she cannot go yet... so fingers crossed!

We only have Caleb available now - Ellie picked herself her very own forever family today... yay!!!

We did have someone come to look at Caleb today, but they were first time new dog owners, and not too sure they would be able to manage a fast growing large breed puppy, so we showed them some smaller breed pups that were more suitable in that regard... and they have adopted little Herbie, who is a scruffy little white and tan fellow that will only grow to about ShihTzu size.

We have been very lucky with the people coming to meet our "Caringbah 7" - most of them have been experienced dog owners and knew exactly what they were getting into with a large breed pup. Then again, we sort the wheat from the chaff when they phone up... they will only get an appointment to meet the dog in question after that phone interview.

T.

Hey T, there's a family in our street looking for a pup - previously owned a Lab, before children came along - I think a message was left on your phone a few nights ago by Sue?

I'm sure Caleb will have a family soon, I think he's very handsome. It would be very interesting to see how the pups grow up, is it possible to ask the new owners to send in a photo each Christmas? :)

I think a few of the new owners will be spamming the rescue's facebook page with photo updates... *grin*

The family up the street are actually looking at some smaller breed pups I'm also fostering, instead of Caleb who is going to be a pretty big boy and will grow faster than the kids... *grin* ... and you should have seen the father poncing about with the tiny little dog snugging up to him... hehe!

Caleb has an appointment with a prospective new family tomorrow morning... wish him luck - they sound really nice!

Hey Plan B! I met one of your foster carer's today with the Cattle X pup from Renbury - he's a cutie patootie!! Oh - and is Kyoto growing as fast as our lot?? I swear ours have doubled in height since we picked them up! Caleb can put his head over the top of the playpen when he stands on his hind legs!

T.

You were out at Renbury? The one day I couldn't go...

And was that Chris? She's amazing. Such a good heart.

And yes, I swear I wake up every morning and have to do a double take at Kyoto. She is getting bigger by the minute.

Actually I was at Rossmore vet clinic with some other rescue dogs that needed a looking over by the vet, and I thought I recognised the cute pup - the lady was really nice but I didn't get her name.

These "Caringbah" pups are definitely going to be good sized dogs when they finally finish growing methinks - we are telling prospective new families to expect large dogs when they finish growing... lol!

Caleb is going through the leggy stage and having a growth spurt at the moment - all legs and feet... oh... and ears! He is so gawky when he runs... hehe!

How often do you get out to Renbury? Any particular time of the day? I'd love to meet you and have a chat...

T.

Kyoto is growing a little in height but mostly she's just getting a lot stockier. She's gonna be a tank!

Renbury visits are always spontaneous but once I've got a day locked, I'll message you in advance! I'll bring some tea.

Sweet! Can't wait to meet you in the flesh Plan B!

Well - it's happened again... Caleb's prospective family really wanted something smaller... so they have put a deposit on the sister of the other pup Caleb helped rehome... lol!

Seriously, Caleb is the most laid back and goofy doofus... he may grow to be a biggish boy, but I reckon he's definitely going to remain goofy and placid... at this rate I'm going to fall in love with him and have me another foster failure!

Anyone know anyone who is looking for a really nice natured pup who is going to be a BIG nice natured dog when he grows up - please send them our way...

T.

All these puppies have made me melt so badly I went in to a pet shop that sells puppies today (gulp) just to look at this poor little pei boy who was all alone in the window. The lady quickly whipped him out and handed him to me. Apparently pure bred (doubtful based on body) and only $900! He was born 29/11 and was far too young to be alone and for sale. He keep making all those little grunty noises tired puppies do while I held him. I can see how people get sucked in because I didn't want to put him back in that cage all alone and just a baby. It was terrible! If I could run fast I may have just absconded with him.

But anyway I blame all of you with beautiful puppies for making me temporarily lose my mind today!!!!! I feel like I set back the cause even going in there and gushing like I did, let alone holding one of the dogs and chatting with an evil puppy seller! She probably expects to see me back with my credit card. Oh the shame...

Had an email enquiry about Caleb yesterday - hopefully they will call and come meet him today...

He really is the nicest boy - and so laid back - he spent a while on my lap at a neighbour's New Years drinks and nibblies. He didn't give 2 hoots about the fireworks going off nearby, and didn't care that we were eating yummy nibblies - he had a snuggly lap and was quite happy to hang out.

T.

Caleb was adopted yesterday... and I have the feeling he is going to be spoiled rotten... *grin*

So that's all of our 7 adopted... yay!

Ellie's mum and dad will be picking her up on Sunday, so she's still here with me and learning things like toilet training and crate training. She is a funny little sod - give her a toy and she takes it outside and stashes it - I keep bringing the toys back inside and telling her she can play with them inside... she seems to be getting the idea slowly. She's not had any accidents inside yet - goes outside of her own accord - so the toilet training is coming along nicely methinks...

She just made a toy squeak... the look on her face is priceless!

T.