Panto

if you were in SA i'd happily do your food photography & teach you what little i know. But as a food blogger who does their own photography i'd encourage you to 'just jump in' and give it a go. You learn heaps just from the process.

Check out my blog; i use a range of pics...old scanned ones as well as more recent digital format as i tell the story of the food. So don't feel you have to feel too precious about your photography. I've had a rest from blogging in the last year, but here's on of my fav more recent blogs about butterfly cakes

to be honest, learning how to use a good photo editing suite has been my biggest challenge.

Edited by suziwong66

Thanks snook + SW

snook I think getting adept at lightroom is a good idea. I have CS3, but I can't find lightroom, perhaps I didnt install it at the time because I didnt see a use for it - or maybe it wasn't out yet? I don't know. I think I'll need to sort out my storage too, my mac is running so slow these days, I think I have too many photos.

I feel so time challenged but you're both right, I just have to give it a go and get better at it. SW - that's a gorgeous entry of the butterfly cupcakes and you tell a very good story too, thank you for sharing.

Thanks snook + SW

snook I think getting adept at lightroom is a good idea. I have CS3, but I can't find lightroom, perhaps I didnt install it at the time because I didnt see a use for it - or maybe it wasn't out yet? I don't know. I think I'll need to sort out my storage too, my mac is running so slow these days, I think I have too many photos.

I feel so time challenged but you're both right, I just have to give it a go and get better at it. SW - that's a gorgeous entry of the butterfly cupcakes and you tell a very good story too, thank you for sharing.

If you have a mac grab Aperture off the Mac App Store. It is comparable to Lightroom but runs better on Mac. (I personally think it's easier to use as well).