Wide Indoor "fence" With Gate Needed

vickimills57

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought an enclosure from ebay - petsouterspace. it comes with 8 panels including a barnyard gate the pannels join together with drop pins, very easy to make whatever shape you want and you have the option to by more panels. ive used it inside and outside. the initial set up was about 235.00 but i ended up buying more panels (the height is 1.2 mt) you can use it for temporary fencing, or as a complete enclosure. i can even use it for my adults if i want to section of an area for them. it also can be fixed to a wall/s as they give you the bracket things. they do freight or local pick up (gold coast.). they sell heaps of pet enlosures/crates etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Extra-Tall-8-Panel-Pet-Dog-Run-Enclosure-Pen-Crate-Cage-/270830050386?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item3f0eba9c52

or

petsouterspace.com

i spent ages searching for something appropriate. im not a handy man so needed something very easy!

I have used the bunnings compost bins in all sorts of ways as well. The latest being a kitty house for a very naughty kitty. Put a panel over the top to avoid the little treasure climbing out and hurting himself. Worked a treat :)

i have a golden and i used the compost bins when she was little but now she is bigger so i got a Vebo pen from vebo.com.au they are great and have the barn door step over bit so widdle ones cant escape!! i have a huge line of them now so the dogs cant escape out the garage - there is no fence or anything so if i open the garage they can just run out.. i used 2 sets and they run all the way across the yard

I guess it depends on how nice you want it to look and how much money you want to spend. I used the Bunnings compost panels (and still use them for various things) for Jagers pen when he was a puppy and also used one as a gate across the stairs. We have since bought a proper baby gate for the stairs cause we decided that he doesnt need access to the bedrooms when we arent there and at least the cat has a place to get away if she wants.

If it is a short term solution, just get the compost panels from Bunnings, they are super cheap, if you want something nicer you can get a proper baby gate. I thing ours is from Dreambaby. You can get a hall gate which is wider and then add extensions to each side to make it wide enough for i think it is up to about 3m. So it should be fine for you. Bunnings sell these too (the gates and the extensions).

Good luck with your little one.

We've used 2 of the compost bins from Bunnings.

This is the inside set up for our nearly 5 week old puppies.

We still need to get something in between the panels that shuts it together and pups can't get over but mum can jump in and out.

I leave one panel open like a gate & put a piece of cardboard or chipboard cut to required height across the gap. I make 3 holes in each side & use the cable ties to secure to the panels.