Ian Dunbar Seminar

Hi

Posting for a friend, for people who may be interested.

I wanted to share the news that Dr Ian Dunbar is coming to Australia in February next year for a 3-day lecture series in Sydney & Melbourne. Ian is one of the better known names in dog training and is the founder of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers back in the 90's, which has now become the largest pet dog training organisation in the world. He is a veterinarian, animal behaviourist and dog trainer as well as author, publisher and TV presenter.

For more information go to http://www.dunbarinoz.com

Geez, all these speakers could've spaced it out a little better!! Roger Abrantes, Bob Bailey and Ian Dunbar all within a few weeks of each other!

Was thinking the same thing last night, especially when you add Greg Derrett and Daisy Peel (agility) to the mix for early Feb. as well. :eek:

Geez, all these speakers could've spaced it out a little better!! Roger Abrantes, Bob Bailey and Ian Dunbar all within a few weeks of each other!

Very much agree!

I am booked in for Ian Dunbar in Melbourne. Would love to know who else is going, and potentially catch up for dinner one night or something? :)

I thought that Dr Dunbar's last tour was his last ever in Australia.

Starting to sound like John Farnham and his "farewell" tours! :laugh:

It is a bit Nellie Melba! I went to the last tour in Sydney and my understanding was that he said at the time he thought he could do more elsewhere in the world.

However, if you can go, go! He's a great speaker and I learned a lot.

I'm a little "Dunbar'd out" to be honest. Saw him at the APDT conference in the USA in October as he did a couple of sessions there.....whilst he cracks some funny jokes, he's a bit of a 'has been' I reckon. He's solution to almost everything is "put it on cue".....that seemed to be his only bit of advice he could offer to all problems.

There seemed to be some tension between him and Suzanne Clothier during the round table discussions after some contradiction of information during some of the sessions....then again Suzanne Clothier came accross as little bitter towards the whole world which probably didn't lend any favours to the whole atmosphere. I remember hearing someone shout out rather sarcastically during one of Suzanne's sessions, "why don't you tell us how you really feel!!" :laugh:

Anyway, I won't be wasting my money on this one as I don't think there is anything more the man can offer that he hasn't already written and lectured about.

I wasn't aware that Roger Abrantes was coming out.....where can I locate the details for that???? :)

Guest Panzer Attack!

Squeeeeeeeeeeee! I'll be there for whatever days I can get off work :D (Melbourne)

E x

edit: I'll be a nigel no-friends so if anyone else is going on their lonesome feel free to send me a PM :)

Edited by Panzer Attack!

Have to agree with Kelpie-i however Ian Dunbar is quite entertaining.

Re Roger Abrantes, I saw him when he came out in 2008 and thought he was excellent and a very professional speaker.

Have also seen Bob Bailey several times and would recommend him just because of who he is and what he has done for animal training.

I always think that if you get the chance to see and hear from one of these international speakers then go for it - I've heard a lot speak at different seminars here and overseas and I think you can never stop learning.

I'm going to Mia Forgot-how-to-spell-her-surname in late Jan and then the Derrett's in February (I go to 2 different clubs with 2 different handling systems so I've settled on this one so as not to confuse the dawg even more). All this means is no Dunbar for me, as I would have already spend over $800 on these two alone :o . I also like how these are hands-on - I learn a lot better this way.