Supercoat Large Breed

mace

We use Pro Plan and have no issues. Both dogs are in lovely condition.

Have tried other foods and the only one that gave better condition than Pro Plan was Blackhawk, but my girl developed some health issues so we had to change.

I agree with Jumabaar about people just not going to the vet as often. I feel like I'm always at the vet with my girl who has no serious issues but the vet always tells me it's just because I am such an invested and interested owner. For example, people wouldn't have been poking and prodding their dogs to check for lumps (grass seeds or otherwise), if they had a cut paw they probably wouldn't go to the vet, etc.

I dont like pro plan because it contains a lot of wheat and sorghum. I was also told the sensitive formula would also start to contain wheat O_o it already contains a sweetener from Stevia, F-4449

Mine do look great on the pro plan but they also get raw.Could you suggest what to feed them so I could cut the kibble out altogether? They get one cup each kibble in the morning then one cup kibble at night with 250g (approx)of raw and a spoon of pumpkin carrot.They have maintained the same weight for 6 months now.Stan is 32kg and Maddie is 25kg.Your help would be much appreciated.

I can't fault the Vet's All Natural products, it's doing my dogs well. I dont stick to a single protein though I do give them a mix of beef and chicken (preservative free) Ferrets look great on it too.

I dont like pro plan because it contains a lot of wheat and sorghum. I was also told the sensitive formula would also start to contain wheat O_o it already contains a sweetener from Stevia, F-4449

Mine do look great on the pro plan but they also get raw.Could you suggest what to feed them so I could cut the kibble out altogether? They get one cup each kibble in the morning then one cup kibble at night with 250g (approx)of raw and a spoon of pumpkin carrot.They have maintained the same weight for 6 months now.Stan is 32kg and Maddie is 25kg.Your help would be much appreciated.

I can't fault the Vet's All Natural products, it's doing my dogs well. I dont stick to a single protein though I do give them a mix of beef and chicken (preservative free) Ferrets look great on it too.

Thanks for the reply.Was thinking about looking at Blackhawk also.Have been reading the thread in Gen and it seems to get the thumbs up.

Just so people know...if you were using ProPlan Salmon because it was wheat free and have notice a change in your pooch recently, it could be the food - they have changed their ingredients and it now contains wheat apparently.

Guest lavendergirl

I was considering Pro Plan sensitive but I believe it contains Menadione (Vitamin K3) which is a controversial ingredient so I decided not to. I am currently trying Canidae ALS but haven't noticed any improvement in the itchiness so far so might try VAN when this runs out. Apparently Taste of the Wild is now available in Australia and worth a look also.

kit kat I believe they are also going to add chicken to the formula too. I know for sure it was going to be changed to have wheat as the company believes that wheat allergies are only really about 1% of sensitive dogs and that people are too fast too point to wheat as an intolerable ingredient :rolleyes:

They should come and see what it does to my dog and all the others we know. After being forced to look at ingredients we don't use proplan any more. Hoping to get a better one for Koda soon. She does well on Supercoat sensative after we tried some expensive brands. Explosive poo. Once she's been stable along time we will try something else now I think I might know what the prob is. She also gets raw as well though. At the moment it's what works so we will go slow with it.