Why I Love (and Am Thankful For) My Dog

Pretty Miss Emma

I love Kenzie to bits, of course! :D But I'm also pretty honest about the fact that I'm quick to pick up on her problems rather than focus on her wonderful bits. As many of you would know she is reactive although she is coming leaps and bounds (and that I am really thankful for!!). But now that I've been looking after another dog (of a breed I would never choose to have, although they are nice) I'm really able to focus on all her wonderful bits!!!

So why I love/appreciate/am thankful for my dog...

She is the prettiest dog on the planet!! :D

She is rarely demanding of me.

She will generally make friends with most other dogs (so long as everyone is off lead!).

She barks for a reason, not just to get attention.

She listens to what I ask of her.

She can keep herself occupied, even if there are no toys around.

She has very good clear signals (if other dogs choose to see them).

She is very tolerant (I didn't think she was but now I'm seeing she really is).

She learns really quickly!!!

She is adaptive.

She loves me and being with me (but not to a point of unhealthy behaviour!).

She is perceptive and sensitive to me.

She is very maternal (even though she is desexed, but she is the one who I put in charge of socially raising all my foster kittens!!).

She works really well with me (we make a good team!).

Her coat dries really quickly after she goes swimming (I know it's not that important, but I reckon it's a good thing!!).

She is very loving once she gets to know you.

She is who she is with her own special personality that has great bits and a few bits to keep working on, but she just is who she is!!

So if you'd like to share with everyone why your dog is the best dog in the world and why you love them to bbits then feel free - I'd definitely love to hear what you have to say!! :)

She sounds lovely and she sounds just like my Dusty. The dog who everyone likes to criticise for various things, but they are most of what you list about Kenzie, and all of what I love about my gorgeous girl. And I love that she loves me unconditionally and she lets everyone know it.

What I love about Shae.....she has blossomed from an uncertain, shy and awkward dog into a truly lovely dog to live with. She's still a bit feisty with other dogs when she's on lead but she's learned to make friends when she's off lead, she adores he adopted brothers and sister and showers them with affection.

I love that she's now so confident in her ability to herd sheep that she'll argue with me about which way to take them.

And I love that when she's scared of thunder, she comes straight to me because when she's standing next to me, she's no longer afraid.

She's a little tiny flyweight of a dog but to me she's the flyweight champion of the world.

Zeddy - has been mummy's girl from day one - even though she was supposed to be the OH's dog - he's gone, and she stayed... *grin*

Trouble - is just as naughty as I was as a kid - my mum always hoped I'd have a child like me when I grew up... this is her revenge... lol!

Pickles - doesn't know she's supposed to be disabled - has the happiest outlook on life... makes one stop and smell the roses.

T.

What I love about Isaak is that he doesn't have a brain but he thinks he does. LOL! Naaah, that's a bit mean, we were just this morning discussing that Isaak is possibly showing some signs of basic intelligence at long last.

What I really love about him is his complete and utter devotion to me. No matter what goes on around him, he only has eyes for me. And I love that I can take him anywhere and know that he is going to be perfectly behaved and if he happens to slip his lead, it won't matter because he never leaves my side.

And I love the way he looks.....he is so beautiful he makes my heart sing.

I love Kyojin because he makes us smile and laugh constantly, and because wherever we go, he makes others happy too. We've seen him make grown men giggle plenty of times!

I love that people always go "WOW!!!!" when they first see him

I love him because he's ALWAYS up for a snuggle and gives the best kisses ever.

I love watching him doing zoomies with plastic pots in his mouth for about 3 minutes until he's so exhausted he passes out for the rest of the day :laugh:

I love how he trots back over to me, always looking happy to come back to me

I love how soft and fluffy he is

I love how big he is, and that there is absolutely no strain on my part if we want to cuddle :laugh:

I love him for being super easy to train, but also love it when he decides to show his stubborn side

I love how the second we come home he grabs a toy and races over to us to show us what he's got.

I love that even if we just duck out to the shops across the road, when we come home it's as though we've been gone for weeks and he's so happy to see us again

I love his big swishy tail and reindeer legs :D

I love his quirkyness and personality in general and how easy he is to live with. Cannot imagine an easier dog to own.

And I love that I can be completely certain that he loves us

This is a great thread :D

I love all mine in different ways

Chase was my first dog and has taught me a hell of a lot during that time. He is a real family dog and loves everyone. He is far too smart for his own good and is very good at problem solving. He is always up for some training, playing, zoomies and food. While he still needs to work on his behaviour outside of the house at times, he is perfect at home and always makes us laugh at his antics. He thinks he is pretty funny! Love his easy going clownish nature.

Maui is a real cuddle bum and is as affectionate as they come. Such a sooky la la and just wants to lie in your lap all day. He only has eyes for me and is like my little shadow. Rarely puts a foot wrong and is super easy. He thinks he is pretty handsome and loves the ladies (human and dog variety!). Love his cuddles!

Tempe is a little firecracker and is best described as a 'diva'. She loves to play, strut around and tell the boys off. She likes to lie in your arms like a baby and snuggle close at night time. She doesn't like being left by herself or not be part of the action and lets you know loudly. She is uber confident and utterly fearless. We are still getting to know each other :)

I love Ripley because somehow he knew his role in our family was to help heal a heart. He came to us in August from another DOLer who selflessly offered him to us after Benson died, as she thought he would have a better life here than she could offer him. We have more space and he has a burning desire to run and run.

He was to be my husbands companion, as he was missing having a boy by his side since Benson left us. And Ripley knew......he took one look at my husband and has barely left his side since. He adores my husband with every single bit of himself, he sits up on his seat in the work van to go places, he knows when the bike comes out he's off for a run, he stretches his head towards the collar and lead when it's time to go for a walk, and he plants himself on the couch next to my husband every evening.

Why I love the Evil Beagle:

- She's the goldilocks dog. Not to small, not too big, juuuust right :)

- She has great solid nerves which means she's not nervous, easily frightened, is not phobic about anything or easily stressed, she takes everything in her stride

- She has more drive than the average beagle which means she's super fun to train

- I can take her anywhere and ask her to work, play with me, focus on me and she will

- She's super cute especially when she gives me 'hi-10' :laugh:

- She's not a cuddly dog but when she does cuddle you it melts your heart :love:

- She has a very waggy tail

- She can be with other dogs, animals, people with no dramas

- She's clever

Edited by huski

What a lovely thread.

I love Henschke because:

He's a big goofball that has so much character.

He has a great bark on him that makes me feel safe.

He's a big sook.

He loves his daddy and will lie on him the most making me feel better that he gives hubby some attention when he's really focused on me... ;)

Everyone loves him.

He has the most adorable eyes that melt your heart.

He's obedient.

He's great with children and all dogs.

He tolerates our smooches and cuddles.

He gets up and walks away if someone is bothering him.

He's not a guts.

post-11352-0-30499200-1324864529_thumb.jpg

post-11352-0-96490300-1324864546_thumb.jpg

I love Ripley because somehow he knew his role in our family was to help heal a heart. He came to us in August from another DOLer who selflessly offered him to us after Benson died, as she thought he would have a better life here than she could offer him. We have more space and he has a burning desire to run and run.

He was to be my husbands companion, as he was missing having a boy by his side since Benson left us. And Ripley knew......he took one look at my husband and has barely left his side since. He adores my husband with every single bit of himself, he sits up on his seat in the work van to go places, he knows when the bike comes out he's off for a run, he stretches his head towards the collar and lead when it's time to go for a walk, and he plants himself on the couch next to my husband every evening.

Aww that is so lovely.

Aww that is so lovely.

That bought a tear to my eye, It been my first Xmas in over 25 yrs without a dog by my side. Miss my beautiful boys dreadfully, and miss all the things I loved about them. Anyway,new puppy on order so will have plenty of things to love about a new boy soon. :)

I love Jindi because she is so:

Cuddly, soft and gentle natured.

Conident when there is something strange outside.

A good watchdog without being a barker.

Friendly with all dogs.

Is a true bird dog.

Is sweet tempered.

Will allow me to do anything to her without any hint of annoyance.

Extremely loyal and will follow me anywhere and everywhere.

Is coming out of her shell and is so brave with both strange adults and children (when before she'd run away and hide).

Is adorable and easy to train - now knows: shake hands, high five, speak, wave and roll over.

Loves her food to a fault.

post-11352-0-22943100-1324879140_thumb.jpg

post-11352-0-39866400-1324879152_thumb.jpg

I have two rescue greyhounds that came to me four months apart aged 2.I have no idea about their first young years or what they went through but the unconditional love they show me everyday makes my heart swell.They are totally different in personality.

STAN is definately not the brightest star in the sky bless him but that just makes me love him even more.He is sooo easy going nothing(apart from thunder) worries him.He loves everyone in particular children.Kids can crawl all over him hug him get him in a headlock anything he just loves kids.He loves a cuddle from me but only when he feels like it.He doesn't crave affection but he likes a hug in bed at night when he's curled up next to me.He loves Maddie but she wants to play all the time and he'd rather chill out on his own.Although he is very food orientated he would NEVER bench surf and I could leave food defrosting on the sink and he would never touch it.I love my boy so much.

MADDIE is naughty!She loves to destroy things dig holes in the yard bosses the crap out of Stan is a terrible bench surfer will pull the bin down and drag the contents around the yard.She's not overly fussed with people she doesn't know but follows me around like a shadow.She craves affection and I can not take Stan away from her or she will scream the house down.She will faithfully stare out the window waiting for me to come home whereas Stan wouldn't even bother getting out of bed.I love my girl so much.

I am so thankful for both of them. :)

I love Stussy despite her being the naughtiest dog I've ever owned and because she is my first ever heart dog. I hope she never loses her inquisitiveness, ability to live in the moment or stops giving cuddles and kisses.

Through her I have learnt that the simplest things are the ones that matter most and feel the best. Eat, Play, Love. It's all you really need.

We love Dory because....

She is a take anywhere kinda gal who is very dog savvy, she makes friends of almost everyone. She wraps people around her paws and is an expert at scamming treats and cuddles when it suits her. She is a great cuddler! I looooooooooe her Happy Wag. It always brings a smile of joy and love to my face. She is protective and quite devoted to me. She's rather cheeky. Whenever you want or need a bit of love she's ready to leap into your lap and give you more love than you thought you needed and often more than you wanted! She's always there....unless raiding the cat box (fortunately not too often).

What I love about Shae.....she has blossomed from an uncertain, shy and awkward dog into a truly lovely dog to live with. She's still a bit feisty with other dogs when she's on lead but she's learned to make friends when she's off lead, she adores he adopted brothers and sister and showers them with affection.

I love that she's now so confident in her ability to herd sheep that she'll argue with me about which way to take them.

And I love that when she's scared of thunder, she comes straight to me because when she's standing next to me, she's no longer afraid.

She's a little tiny flyweight of a dog but to me she's the flyweight champion of the world.

:laugh:

I love Harrison because he came to me as a shy little boy, about 6 months old not long after I had lost my beloved Niki-Bear and help to heal the wound. He is now most definitely MY boy and gives me love and cuddles all the time.

I love Dylan because he was the NAUGHTIEST puppy in the litter and somebody had to :laugh: I also love him for accepting and bonding with Mr.Poodlemum