52 Week Photo Challenge 2012

~*Shell*~

Looks like you had a good break MrRedDog :D

Happy Birthday Alera :birthday:

Huga - Hi Marge :laugh:

Week 17 - Approaching Storm! (taken with my little Lumix)

7001885974_748ec34d27_c.jpg

Week 18 - Dog Beach, Kite Boarders and Freo Docks - I can't decide between the 'natural' one or the heavy edit - what do you think?

7001886076_9f6f83bc79_c.jpg

7001886224_278bbd747c_c.jpg

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What lens did you get?

I'm quite intrigued by the background - where are you?

You are coming up a touch yellow on my monitor, but I really like the composition.

Thanks Huga :) . I'm in one of our very old sheds. The lens is the Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro. I've only used it a couple of times but really like it. I took it to a one day macro photography course a few weeks ago only to have the instructor go on and on about how crappy Tamron lens are :o . Perhaps my other lens are even crappier as I find my shots are sharpest with this macro.

I've just put up some new puppy pics taken today, all using the same Tamron lens.

Love but am also kinda of freaked out by your Marge pic :laugh:

he lens is the Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro. I've only used it a couple of times but really like it. I took it to a one day macro photography course a few weeks ago only to have the instructor go on and on about how crappy Tamron lens are :o . Perhaps my other lens are even crappier as I find my shots are sharpest with this macro.

I've got the Tamron 60mm Macro lens and just love it! All my macros in my signature link are with the Tamron - stoopid instructor :laugh:

They are all beautiful pics CC. The course was useless so I tried not to worry too much about what the instructor had to say :o

I love the second edit of your beach photo best :)

Edited by gapvic

Ok cheating I'm afraid - both taken this week.

Last week was the week from hell and we thought we were going to lose old Cowboy - he suddenly became paralysed in one of his back legs together with fever, trembling etc. The great news is that he is very slowly on the mend.

Week 18 of Greyhounds

this is Gemma the good time girl

week18sm.jpg

Week 19 of Greyhounds

Cowboy taken today on a little outing :)

week19sm.jpg

really love the shot of the sheltie, Crazy Cresties.

also really like your edited landscape.

anniek, love the look on Gemmas face.

Mr Red dog, really like the focus on the peacock.

here are some of my recent shots though i've lost track of which week.

7127733699_8f03131384.jpg

Untitled by inkdogdesign, on Flickr

7163781066_27fd4ed66f.jpg

7163786942_a2f0399ecd.jpg

7163794998_2ddecf25b8.jpg

Awesome shot, just love it pixie-meg :thumbsup: I love the second sofa hog in the background too :laugh:

Lovely to see Cowboy annie, and glad to hear he is on the mend :)

I love this! Very very good :D

pixie - great shot of the dogs on the couches!

annie - glad to hear Cowboy is on the mend. Love the first shot :)

I had a tough time choosing what to share in this thread this week but since I've got the Birdies thread and the Underwater thread I thought I'd throw in something that I haven't put in those

19/52 - MatlidaLily laying in the sun giving me the sookie face

MAY12_116kja.jpg

Awesome shot, just love it pixie-meg :thumbsup: I love the second sofa hog in the background too :laugh:

Lovely to see Cowboy annie, and glad to hear he is on the mend :)

I love this! Very very good :D

i'm very tempted to get it printed up and put in my office. love it.

kja, i love the DOF in yours, very nice and its a lovely warm shot.

gapvic. love the book shot, nicely composed. do you use lightroom? i reckon it'd be fun to play with the saturation on that one. i'm desperate to get lightroom, i trialled it and now my trial is up i keep seeing all that i can do with my shots that i can't right now.

Oh dear... I'm a bit behind. Whoops!

We've just spent a relaxing weekend in Queenstown, NZ - which coincidentally straddled weeks 18 and 19. So both my late photos come from that trip.

Week 18 - the view from our balcony.

7193731386_4082c84e16.jpg

18/52 by KumaAkita, on Flickr

I'm not super awesome happy with this photo. The solar flare annoys me, but I wanted to use a photo from this collection that I hadn't already used in my other thread. Any tips on how to "fix" it in post?? I've just started to use lightroom - can't say I'm a fan. But that could just be coz I'm not familiar with it yet - and aperture seems so much easier to me!

Week 19 - view of queenstown by night. It's not clear or crisp, but I kinda like the abstract quality.

7193730442_3eac7747b0.jpg

19/52 by KumaAkita, on Flickr

That should get me up to date with my photos.

Edited by KumaAkita

Wowzers! I haven't commented for ages. So slack of me, sorry!

anniek: Bill is adorable in Phoebe's easter bonnet, rather fetching! Hollie looks like a lovely girl too, pretty shot. I love your Christmas Card efforts with Billie, they'd make an awesome card :laugh: At least he looks like he had a fun time. And Good Time Gemma looks like she's begging to go into Luna Park, hope you let her go on a ride :D . Beautiful shot of Cowboy, glad to see him up and about.

gapvic: I like your w14, the sense of loss is palpable. Your w15 shot is cute, I like the perspective of the shot. The theme of your w16 shots is a hoot - I like your goofy first one the most. Nawww, your w17 is cute. I like your w18, again great perspective and lovely autumnal colours. Your w19 shot is good - I like the way it turned out. You have a luminous glow around you, very pretty. I agree with your w20, always have a book on the go... though electronically mostly these days. Nice composition of the photo.

MnDM: I wish I had access to your beach, seriously looks like an awesome place. Ruby looks like a fun dog! Your w16 shot - they look like speedsters! I like your w17 paws shot, the contrast of Benson's white paws on the orange is really pretty. Cute croc toy! Such innocent wide eyes. Goodness Wilma is a muscular girl!

kja: Puppy on a rock is adorable, bet you miss his squishy face. I like your w16 shot - poor octo, hope his day got better. That little Ta-ta in your w17 shot is great - amazing you got so close. I love your underwater stuff - and w18 is no exception. MatildaLily doesn't not look comfy! I'm always amazed at how they can turn themselves into pretzels :laugh: I love the colour in that photo.

Evolving: Naww Miss Quinny is sooo cute. She's grown heaps since I saw her last. The little Lappy puppy is adorable. And happy birthday to Alera!! She's such a beautiful girl.

Pixie_meg: Nice collection. I particularly like your w15 shot of your daughter, very pretty. The b&w upside down couch hogs is brilliant! Again, more beautiful photos of your daughter. She comes across as a rather spirited, adventurous young girl.

redangel: Luci looks rather concerned in that photo! Miss Ruby looks very happy to be home.

huga: I love your w16, looks like a great moment of fun with your kidlet. Your w17 shot - that's one of my fave songs... well done on that photo, captures the spirit of the song well. I like your w18 shot, it's cute. Great smile :D Your w18 is fantastic, so whimsical and fun. You make a great Marge. "hrrrrmmmmmmmm"

dwynwen: Ooooohhh Akita badges - tell me more!!

MTD: Looks like you have a very productive garden. I like the vivid colour in your camellia (?)

CrazyCresties: Yikes! Spider *and* ant! Great shot! And I love your w16 photo - awesome windswept look! I like the gloomy sky in your w17 photo. I prefer your edited version in w18, dunno why - maybe a bit more 'beachy' ?? I like both, but prefer the edit.

fattima: I like your catch up collection, the sky in your w15 shot is brilliant and the detail on your w16 is really nice.

Butternut: Nice warm scarf, could do with one of those here at the moment! I like your w16 blossom, very very pretty. Dante is adorable, such fabulous ears.

MrRedDog: A great collection of family photos. I really like the All Hands In photo, a definite framer. And Shayla looks like she's plotting evil - you need to bring that out at her 18th birthday! :laugh: I love the colour in the peacock, just beautiful. Looks like you had a very big trip! Beautiful photos.

phew! I'm up to date with photos and comments. I'm really enjoying participating in this thread - loads of really inspiring images and photographers in here.

Wowzers! I haven't commented for ages. So slack of me, sorry!

anniek: Bill is adorable in Phoebe's easter bonnet, rather fetching! Hollie looks like a lovely girl too, pretty shot. I love your Christmas Card efforts with Billie, they'd make an awesome card :laugh: At least he looks like he had a fun time. And Good Time Gemma looks like she's begging to go into Luna Park, hope you let her go on a ride :D . Beautiful shot of Cowboy, glad to see him up and about.

gapvic: I like your w14, the sense of loss is palpable. Your w15 shot is cute, I like the perspective of the shot. The theme of your w16 shots is a hoot - I like your goofy first one the most. Nawww, your w17 is cute. I like your w18, again great perspective and lovely autumnal colours. Your w19 shot is good - I like the way it turned out. You have a luminous glow around you, very pretty. I agree with your w20, always have a book on the go... though electronically mostly these days. Nice composition of the photo.

MnDM: I wish I had access to your beach, seriously looks like an awesome place. Ruby looks like a fun dog! Your w16 shot - they look like speedsters! I like your w17 paws shot, the contrast of Benson's white paws on the orange is really pretty. Cute croc toy! Such innocent wide eyes. Goodness Wilma is a muscular girl!

kja: Puppy on a rock is adorable, bet you miss his squishy face. I like your w16 shot - poor octo, hope his day got better. That little Ta-ta in your w17 shot is great - amazing you got so close. I love your underwater stuff - and w18 is no exception. MatildaLily doesn't not look comfy! I'm always amazed at how they can turn themselves into pretzels :laugh: I love the colour in that photo.

Evolving: Naww Miss Quinny is sooo cute. She's grown heaps since I saw her last. The little Lappy puppy is adorable. And happy birthday to Alera!! She's such a beautiful girl.

Pixie_meg: Nice collection. I particularly like your w15 shot of your daughter, very pretty. The b&w upside down couch hogs is brilliant! Again, more beautiful photos of your daughter. She comes across as a rather spirited, adventurous young girl.

redangel: Luci looks rather concerned in that photo! Miss Ruby looks very happy to be home.

huga: I love your w16, looks like a great moment of fun with your kidlet. Your w17 shot - that's one of my fave songs... well done on that photo, captures the spirit of the song well. I like your w18 shot, it's cute. Great smile :D Your w18 is fantastic, so whimsical and fun. You make a great Marge. "hrrrrmmmmmmmm"

dwynwen: Ooooohhh Akita badges - tell me more!!

MTD: Looks like you have a very productive garden. I like the vivid colour in your camellia (?)

CrazyCresties: Yikes! Spider *and* ant! Great shot! And I love your w16 photo - awesome windswept look! I like the gloomy sky in your w17 photo. I prefer your edited version in w18, dunno why - maybe a bit more 'beachy' ?? I like both, but prefer the edit.

fattima: I like your catch up collection, the sky in your w15 shot is brilliant and the detail on your w16 is really nice.

Butternut: Nice warm scarf, could do with one of those here at the moment! I like your w16 blossom, very very pretty. Dante is adorable, such fabulous ears.

MrRedDog: A great collection of family photos. I really like the All Hands In photo, a definite framer. And Shayla looks like she's plotting evil - you need to bring that out at her 18th birthday! :laugh: I love the colour in the peacock, just beautiful. Looks like you had a very big trip! Beautiful photos.

phew! I'm up to date with photos and comments. I'm really enjoying participating in this thread - loads of really inspiring images and photographers in here.

Wow KA, it must have taken you ages to do all that!!! Many thanks for your comments in my pics :)

Yep, took a while :) I had the luxury today of having a completely free afternoon so caught up on all these stunning photos. I enjoy getting comments on my pics, so feel it's only fair that others may too!