52 Week Photo Challenge 2012

~*Shell*~

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovely photo MnDM! It's amazing what phones can do now.

Is it OK if I put up two for this week? If not, please let me know and I'll come back and remove one :o

Week one:

Running away... or running to?

6599222763_98be3d8e59_z.jpg

In front of the bluestone house

6597916369_9c93c4c3e9_z.jpg

Edited by gapvic

As I am not likely to be online tomorrow can I post my first pic today? Or is that cheating? Or just sneaky?

I am just using my phone until my 7D arrives which may be late Jan.... Gotta order it yet!

Last year we did it so you took the photo during week 1 eg 1st - 7th Jan and tried to post that week too, often though photos were taken during the appropriate week but not posted for a couple of weeks. But you don't get kicked out if you bend the rules a bit :laugh:

Cracking start to the challenge MnDM and gapvic :thumbsup:

I'd like to join in as well..

Last year (2011) I spent 6 weeks in Europe and came home with around 5000 pictures, many of which are less than good - although most will be kept as I am a person who needs the photos to trigger the memories.

My project this year is to improve my photography so that more of my travel pictures can be worth showing to someone else:-)

With no further ado .. here is my first for 2012 - an image I find very compelling despite not having seen it in the viewfinder at all....

(small amount of post processing in Lightroom)

Link to large version on Flickr << CLICK HERE FOR THE BIG PICTURE

Low res preview attached

post-4939-0-35508700-1325411424_thumb.jpg

Week 1 - playing with my girls

6612219285_cc9cb1072e_b.jpg

You've done a great job Whiskedaway with your self portrait! Did you have trouble with the focus? My first attempts were terrible as I had so much trouble getting the focus right.

I'd love to join in if I'm not too late. No theme - just appreciate the incentive to pick up the camera and try to improve over the year. Here's a link to Flickr set 52-2012 - not counting the photo used to create the set, 1st one for the year still to come! Really admire you brave folks doing self portraits and all of you who've already put up a shot!

ETA: trying to get link to work!

Edited by fattima