Taste Of The Wild

Boxer05

I have noticed that Taste of the Wild is now available in Australia. I am a Canidae ALS grain free feeder but after reading great reviews about this kibble in America for a long while I feel compelled to give it a go. Is anyone else feeding or thinking of feeding this food?

Edited by Boxer05

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it here.

Not sure if this is where the OP gets it from.

Love the flavours, sounds like something I would eat!

High Prairie Canine® with Roasted Bison & Roasted Venison

Pacific Stream Canine® with Smoked Salmon

Wetlands Canine® with Roasted Fowl

Rocky Mountain Feline® with Roasted Venison & Smoked Salmon

Thanks for that. I haven't tried it, but have heard good things about it from an overseas Shar Pei forum.

Seems cheaper and the fish one has considerably less protein.

Edited by Cat

Guest Panzer Attack!

Just wondering what people know about this site, as they sell Innova/Evo on there? Are they connected to PP? If not, how are they able to sell the food??

I'm interested in trying a small bag, but will not support anyone who works with PP.

E.

edit: emailed them and got this in response :)

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your enquiry.

We are in no way affiliated with Pets Paradise/ Pet Goods Direct. We are a

small family owned online business that do not sell pets, only quality food

and accessories.

Since there is a new owner of Natura Pet Products, they have opened up their

distribution. We like to be able to offer this great food to those that do

not want to support Pets Paradise and the sale of puppies and kittens in pet

shops.

Please let us know if you have any questions in regards to our range.

Kind regards,

Deborah

Natural Pet Store

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.naturalpetstore.com.au

Edited by Panzer Attack!

Guest lavendergirl

At last - a grain-free product with only 25% protein. I am keen to give it a try - wonder if they have sample packs??

Suggest that people have a read of the ingredients and in what order they come. For example, Taste of The Wild Rocky Mountain Feline with Roasted Venison and Smoked Salmon contains no rocky mountain feline. Unless chicken, its main ingredient, is a rocky mountain feline these days?

And yes, I realise it's cat food ...

My point is that chicken is the main ingredient not venison or salmon.

Edited by Sheridan

How funny. I took a chance and bought some of the Salmon just yesterday. I normally feed raw, but am going on holiday soon and my dogs are being cared for by someone without the freezer space for raw. Quality kibble seems the go. Looked all the grain free types and thought Taste of the Wild seemed good value for the ingredients. Ingredients in the Salmon canine dry are:

Ingredients

Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, canola oil, salmon meal, smoked salmon, potato fiber, natural flavor, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein 25.0% Minimum

Crude Fat 15.0% Minimum

Crude Fiber 3.0% Maximum

Moisture 10.0% Maximum

Zinc 150 mg/kg Minimum

Selenium 0.4 mg/kg Minimum

Vitamin E 150 IU/kg Minimum

Omega-6 Fatty Acids * 2.4% Minimum

Omega-3 Fatty Acids * 0.3% Minimum

Will let you know how they go eating it. And by the way Enterococcus faecium fermentation product and Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract are both chemical compounds that are supposed to assist good bacteria and digetive enzymes. Had to look those up.

Probably too much fat for Grumpy in that salmon one.

Holistic Select Salmon has 12% (the canned has 5%).

Royal Canin Blue Whiting and Tapioca has 9%.

Proplan Sensitive has 16% (and has 'animal fat' in there; Grumpy got sick on it).

The vet told me where a kibble said 'animal by-products' it meant things like beaks and feathers in chickens. I said I could have done without knowing that.

Yes by-products are the things that would normally be thrown away! The difference between 'chicken' and 'chicken byproducts' is like the difference between fire and a firefly.

Both dogs are a little thin, not too worried about the fat level as it's not a long term diet plan. Just two weeks to make it easier for my dog carer, and then will transition back to raw where I have more control about the quality of their food.