Taste Of The Wild

Boxer05

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: Great news FM - I'm so excited about this food as the service from the Natural Pet Food Store is just exemplary. Service makes such a huge difference for me!

I'm a bit worried the Bison will be too high in fat for my Pug, but will get the Salmon one next time anyway - the Bisons fat content will be good for my Stafford.

Guest lavendergirl

I wouldn't mind trying a couple of samples of this food but don;t like the idea of putting my credit card details online. Does anyone know how I can get some samples of this food without needing to use a credit card?

I think the problem is that there is a $5 delivery charge that would need to be paid for supply of the samples - perhaps you could pay over the phone?

Yeah I am excited too that this food is now availabe in Australia :thumbsup: as I also belong to a US Forum for my breed and so many positive threads/posts about TOTW. My delivery of the Salmon arrived last week and I am in the midst of swapping over my two Labs to it. They get fed 50/50 kibble and raw and I previously had them on Black Hawk Holistic for about 12months, but both my boys didn't do well on it, particularly my oldest boy as his coat continued to be dull with dandruff all the time he was on Black Hawk Holistic and my youngster's coat wasn't as shiny as it should have been but wasn't as bad as my oldest boys. Anyway hoping to see an improvement with TOTW and being black labs it will be pretty easy to see any improvement or degradation. They are still being fed a mixture of kibble, Nutro which I started them back on about a month ago until I found out about TOTW, so using up the last of the Nutro mixed with the TOTW, so in a few days it will be TOTW only along with their raw component.

I also give Natural Pet Food store :thumbsup: as their service is great as I have brought other food from them in the past so am very pleased they are now stocking this food, as get a double whammy of great food, great service :thumbsup:

If you ever see Castor & Pollox, it's good competition for Taste of the Wild. Maybe some importer could be convinced to look at it. Mine have been thriving on it. Their ingredient list for Natural Salmon begins: Salmon, salmon meal, herring meal, menhaden fish meal, dried peas, dried potato, tapioca starch . . . It's very rich/concentrated, so small portions: 30% protein, 15% fat, 2.25% Omega 6 fatty acids, 1.75% omega 3's . . . and I feel fine about letting them a few carb-rich scraps on the side.

I have recently visited a friend overseas that was given a large quantity to try with his dogs. After less than a week he gave it all away and went back to his old food. He was very unimpressed with what was coming out of his dogs and that is the main reason he stopped using it

Ian

I have noticed that Taste of the Wild is now available in Australia. I am a Canidae ALS grain free feeder but after reading great reviews about this kibble in America for a long while I feel compelled to give it a go. Is anyone else feeding or thinking of feeding this food?

My foster Grey remains a fussy eater after tasting TOTW Salmon... his modus operandi is to enjoy new taste sensations for 3 or 4 days and then stop eating it.... well at least the Whippet will get through the remaining 12 or so kilograms...although it may take a while.

Hi laneka

sorry I can't thelp with with any outlets in Vic

but you can get it here http://www.naturalpetstore.com.au/p/88/shop-by-brand/taste-of-the-wild/

my dogs just love it and are doing great on it, they LOVE all 3 varieties

and enjoy them more than any other biscuit I have tried them on

as I mentioned before even my sister very fussy poodle loves it

one of mine who misses meals has never missed a meal since starting on it

coats look great , so pleased I can buy it locally to :)