Nosey Nose!

PoppyDog

Just after some advice regarding Poppy's nose... and if it needs any special attention. My vet has never mentioned anything but I've never asked specifically about her nose either...

When we got her at 8 weeks it was still pink in most places but had some black...

Here is a photo...

post-33317-0-49619700-1325237759_thumb.jpg

Now it looks like this...

Argh! Now I can't attach another photo... it keeps saying "Error No file was selected for upload"

So now I'm stuck!!!

Edited by PoppyDog

To me her nose seems fine, however, like any dogs with white/pink noses you'll need to keep an eye out. My Zeus has a black nose but has a white/pink and almost bald muzzle so I've got to keep an eye on that.

As long as you're aware of the potential risks your pup should be fine.

BTW she's very, very cute!! :) What's her name?

To me her nose seems fine, however, like any dogs with white/pink noses you'll need to keep an eye out. My Zeus has a black nose but has a white/pink and almost bald muzzle so I've got to keep an eye on that.

As long as you're aware of the potential risks your pup should be fine.

BTW she's very, very cute!! :) What's her name?

Her name is Poppy.

She turned two this month and we can't imagine life without her now! Hubby had NEVER had a pet before and he says all the time he didn't think he would love her as much as he does! She's just perfect for us! Fits in with what we're doing so well. :D

As long as the 'architecture' of the nose is 'normal' then it shouldn't be a problem.

When you look at the nose closely it should look like a cobbled path all over it ie. the same on the white as it is on the black.

I would not let a dog with a white nose have too much exposure to the sun though.

Her nose is classed as unpigmented. It looks like it has come a long way from her first pic, which is great as it shows that pigmentation has come through.

I see she is now 2. I doubt that that it would ever get fully pigmented now but if she is not a show dog then it wont matter.

You can get Filtabac and Filtaclear(horse shops or vets) which are sunscreens but she may lick if off the minute you put it on.

I wouldnt be too worried about it. Unless of course she is exposed to the sun all day.

Ideally the nose should be fully pigmented but there are some which arent.