The 365 Project

MavericksMission

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am impressed, everyone seems to have gotten up early for their first photos, on New Years Day LOL.

Some great photos everyone and some lovely scenes - and that happy new year shot is rather cute :thumbsup:

Edited by helen

Brave birdie :) I figure it would be OK to take a photo a day and upload a few at a time. I will be back at work tomorrow, so will see how things go, I know there will be plenty of days I wont be making a big effort :) I am loving it already though, can't remember the last time I did a landscape photo

Day 2 - It is going to be a very hot day today, first day this summer with a forcast of 40c. There is only one place to be on a day like this, at the beach.

6615824943_86ec4bafd6.jpg

Edited by helen

I was just reading about a guy's 365 project on flickr. He said that every morning he would take a photo of a funny Donald Trump toy his father had given him, so he had his photo out the way and there was no pressure for the rest of the day if he couldn't do something better :)

Great shot lovemysideays.

How do you guys get the Flicker link? I have been in it, have my two pics in it BUT............. :laugh:

Hi, this is what I do

-open the photo in flickr

- right click and choose a size, I normally go for medium 500, click on the link for whatever size you are using

- right click on the photo and choose properties (at the bottom)

- highlight and copy the address (url)

- in the thread hit reply, and click on the insert image button on the blue bar at the top

- past in the url you copies and hit insert image.

I decided to bake some delicious chocolate cookies today, using the cute bear(?) and squirrel cookie cutters I got for Christmas.

YUM! Thanks a lot Misteri, now I feel like cookies :laugh:! Great shot :)

Oh gosh you guys, I so wish I had some ability. Maverick OMG what is that? the photo is AMAZING. You need a special camera for that sort of shot?

I'd love to join you all but I am so hopeless. A friend tried to show me how my camera works abut the language was so different and I could;t follow it all. I have a really good camera for a beginner...the Nikon 8800, its a few years old but I don't understand how to use it. It all seems so complicated.

Photography is something I'd like to get into, always have done, but I just find my attention span is too short to understand aperture etc and its all confusing. But I shall enjoy your thread. I have so enjoyed all the photos here...the boats, the sunrise, the gorgeous kelpie!!! WOW!

How do you guys get the Flicker link? I have been in it, have my two pics in it BUT............. :laugh:

Hi, this is what I do

-open the photo in flickr

- right click and choose a size, I normally go for medium 500, click on the link for whatever size you are using

- right click on the photo and choose properties (at the bottom)

- highlight and copy the address (url)

- in the thread hit reply, and click on the insert image button on the blue bar at the top

- past in the url you copies and hit insert image.

Thank you :) maverickMission....Wow

Edited by newfsie

Oh gosh you guys, I so wish I had some ability. Maverick OMG what is that? the photo is AMAZING. You need a special camera for that sort of shot?

I'd love to join you all but I am so hopeless. A friend tried to show me how my camera works abut the language was so different and I could;t follow it all. I have a really good camera for a beginner...the Nikon 8800, its a few years old but I don't understand how to use it. It all seems so complicated.

Photography is something I'd like to get into, always have done, but I just find my attention span is too short to understand aperture etc and its all confusing. But I shall enjoy your thread. I have so enjoyed all the photos here...the boats, the sunrise, the gorgeous kelpie!!! WOW!

Thanks Sky, It's Maverick dropping his ball into his pool! :)

I have a Canon 7D, but you can capture images like that with the simplest of camera's, it's all about the timing, lighting etc.

You should give it a go, even if it is just with your simple p&s or phone camera!

Thanks Newfsie! :)

Edited by MavericksMission