Registering A Import Into Ankc ?

Partipaws

Hello all....

Just wanted to get some help with re-registering my import into the ANKC.

Last year I underwent re-registering an import from NZ successfully into the ANKC, knowing that this is a lot easier but providing all necessary documents like export pedigree, airway bill, airport quarantine clearance invoices/paperwork, animal identification using microchip details and proof of ownership being clearly stated on his pedigree certificate and microchip details.

The re-registrations forms look no different (unless they have updated them over the past weeks?) to that of the ones I used last year, so went through the list and supplied the same as above - however after 2 weeks of sending my form off with paperwork and having the $90 odd dollars taken from my account I get a phone call stating I need to also supply the "owner registration certificate" which I knew straight away what they were referring to as I had this arrive in the letterbox some days early sent direct from the UKC. This certificate provided nothing more then the dogs details, the sire and dam, breeder and owner details, all the information that the pedigree certificate provides but much more simplistic..... I send this and unfortunately it has been misplaced or lost in transit - have traced it through post but have no idea what has happened and whether it was received or not :(

I am wondering if this paperwork is absolutely necessary for the registration of my boy as there is sufficient enough evidence that I am the new owner and no where does it state on the re-registration form that this paperwork is needed??? I never needed this last time so I am very confused and getting quite upset as my boy arrived back in September and I sent the form and paperwork to dogs nsw end of october, they have taken payment and now I have had to contact the UKC and pay out more money to have them replace and send out a new owners registration certificate which I have now been waiting for a month and hoping they arrive any day now!! Just upsetting as I am hanging out to show him and not to mention I have girls coming in season any day now, so time is of the essence!!!

Hoping someone can shed some light

Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately if ANKC says that is what they need, you wont get by without it :(

Make sure you keep copies of anything you send!

Did you send normal mail or express post? Express post is a little better because of the tracking number, but of course registered post is safest (or next best to hand delivering to the office yourself).

Edited by espinay2

Thanks guys - yes we made copies but ANKC want originals - anyway must thank you again for your help - spoke to my good friend Tom Couchman today and he has given me all the info needed - just have to hope the new papers from the UKC arrive in the coming days as this is all that we are waiting on, everything else is processed.

Thank you again :)

Do you mean the American United Kennel Club ?.

Dog is from the UK, she means the UK Kennel Club

Thanks, I didn't like to say that if it was registered in the American one only, the chances may be ziltch as to registering it here, as we are told the organisation is a non recognised body.

Do you mean the American United Kennel Club ?.

Dog is from the UK, she means the UK Kennel Club

Thanks, I didn't like to say that if it was registered in the American one only, the chances may be ziltch as to registering it here, as we are told the organisation is a non recognised body.

thats correct. only dogs registered with the AKC may be registered here, as there is only one official registery recognised in each country.

Edited by lappiemum

Hi PP,

When I re-registered our Swedish imports, I took the following to DogsNSW.

*Their original export pedigrees (must show your name & aussie address as the owner)

*Import Permit

*Bill of Loading

*Completed application for Re-Registration

So, has something changed?? Reading through your post I have no idea what they mean by that form??

Edited by EISHUND

Hi PP,

*Their original export pedigrees (must show your name & aussie address as the owner)

*Import Permit

*Bill of Loading

So, has something changed?? Reading through your post I have no idea what they mean by that form??

In the UK we have our registration papers (which is what PP has lost in the post) it gives details of parents names, health testing, reg number, endorsements, details of breeder and owner. It has no other pedigree information.

The export pedigree is a 3 gen pedigree which will also list colours of each dog and the name/address of owner and breeder.

The only extra details on the reg doc is probably just the health test results of the parents

Hi PP,

*Import Permit

*Bill of Loading

In the UK we have our registration papers (which is what PP has lost in the post) it gives details of parents names, health testing, reg number, endorsements, details of breeder and owner. It has no other pedigree information.

The export pedigree is a 3 gen pedigree which will also list colours of each dog and the name/address of owner and breeder.

The only extra details on the reg doc is probably just the health test results of the parents

AHA, thanks for explaining Becks!