yellowgirl

Adorable or ridiculous  

127 members have voted

1. 1. What's your first thought?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your input guys :) Norty Snook spoiled the surprise, I was going to show the before shots once people had given their opinions on the current 'do' :p

Dogmad, this is little Henry, one of my palliative care boys. He's around 14 and has a high grade heart murmer. He's a darling little chap :)

Snook, he looks 20 years younger (human years) in the new hair-do.

(I've voted adorable hehe)

I agree HonBun! It's almost as though he knows how gorgeous he looks, he's been prancing around and showing off to the other dogs, tail wagging a mile a minute. He's acting more like 4 than 14 ... maybe all that fur was weighing him down? :)

As Snook mentioned, Henry had had all of his bottom half clipped as he had developed some environmental allergies when we moved house several weeks ago (now, that looked ridiculous .. lol!). I was going to clip him completely once the weather got warmer.

I do think that Henry looks super cute but maybe that's my creative/artistic side talking, if he looks funny to other people and he might get laughed at then I can clip his ears back to match the rest of him. Personally I think he looks totally gorgeous and I can't stop kissing him... he looks like a little puppy :) I thought his tail and ears were quirky and brought out some of the fun that's still in this dear old chap... but I don't want people to laugh at him or think that I clipped him that way to make fun of him.

There's some more before shots on my facebook page (sig below). There's also some pics of our new boy Marvan ... who Im not going to clip ... yet... :p

I may be biased... But I love a fluffy little dog and he was such a beautiful fluffy little sweetie before his clip!!

It's cute in a ridiculous way but his beautiful fur!! hehe at least it'll be cooler for him over summer.

Lol.. you should have warned me that's what you were doing then missy! :p

Hey you know Im a 'do now, think later' kind of gal :laugh: . I actually had the clippers ready to do Marvan, his back and tail area are pretty stained from the infections he had when he came and I was going to do a 'start over' clip. But I realised some of the sores on his back haven't healed completely and I didn't want to nick them, also he's still very bony and clipping might have been uncomfortable for him. And there was little Henry with his silly half hair cut and it's 39 degress outside ... and he came right over as I was holding the clippers! :laugh:

Henry looks super cute! And very happy with his haircut :)

I may be biased though as Saxon looks similar at the moment, I got new clippers, he was my guinea pig and I accidentally clipped his back waaaay shorter than planned so then had to do his while body super short. His head and tail are still fluffy, but he looks more like a plucked chicken than a lion :o He couldn't care less tho, heehee.

Hi YG! :wave: Happy New Year! Well I think it's adorable and damn sensible in today's 41 degree heat.

A week ago Elise took off Macs English winter weight coat and although he looks a bit like a skinned rabbit he's so much cooler and happier -and to me that's the important thing. And it's growing back really quickly and will be perfect for the start of autumn.

So although he was a cute fluffy before, I think he's even cuter now! :)

If there is good reason for it and the dog is comfortable, it's not about what people think, because I am sure a dog doesn't primp in front of a mirror. I've seen very ordinary "knife and fork" haircuts on dogs, done to make them more comfortable, wouldn't do that myself, would get proper trimmers, however, the dog with the bad haircut was better off than without it.

Guest Arcane

I think he look fine now (surprise!!), but he will very likely look really bad in a few weeks time as it starts to grow back. It's highly likely to grow back patchy and his guard hairs will overtake his undercoat and make him look like a demented Echidna! It'll be fine if you just keep doing it. Sometimes though, clipping off an aged double coat you will never get recovery, and end up with bald spots that just will not grow in.

Looks like we have more adorable votes! :D

Appreciate your input Arcane :) How funny that I was just getting your opinion the other day about whether or not to clip Marvan, and then the next thing you see is Henry shorn like a little sheep! It will be interesting to see how it grows out.

Thanks for joining in everyone... different opinions make the world go round.. and seriously, if my biggest issue at the moment is how my dog's hair looks, Ive got a hell of a lot to be grateful for! :D

Now, he wasn't clipped to look like a crestie :laugh: , and I didn't think the gang could love him any more than they already do ... but ...

camera020112.jpg

I think dear old Pepper is a little bit in love with him now :D

xxx

The perfect haircut for the perfect Adelaide weather we're having!

And if you don't post another photo of the echnidna grow-back stage of this haircut I'll be very, very disappointed! (That sounds like something worth seeing, for sure, for sure)

Pepper loves Henry!! So cute : D

I was feeling bad about Saxon's drastic haircut (tho again, he couldn't care less and still thinks he looks great) but in this hot weather I bet he's loving it... See people we totally knew what we were doing shaving our fluffers!

Pepper loves Henry!! So cute : D

I was feeling bad about Saxon's drastic haircut (tho again, he couldn't care less and still thinks he looks great) but in this hot weather I bet he's loving it... See people we totally knew what we were doing shaving our fluffers!

Picture please :)