Worried About Lucy

megan_

I'm on the phone so I'll keep it brief. She's a young, heThly Mini schnauzer. Today is very hot but I have sir con, fans and double glazed windows. I feel the heat and I'm fine, so is fergus but Lucy won't settle at all.'she fussed then lies down fit a minute then she upmhoing somewhere else, fussing, down for a minute etc. She isn't asking to go out.

Any ideas? I'll take her tongue vet tomorrow. One strange thing is she isn't lying on her favourite bed under the aircon. I even put a pigs ear there and she wouldn't lie there and eat it like she normally does (she picked it up and moved it somewhere else. The fussing has gone on for over an hour!

Does she have much coat on her at the moment?

Have you checked your yard for any vomitting/diarrhea? There is a gastro bug going around up here, some friends dogs and one of mine had it briefly. I would take her temp. and keep her as cool as you can. It is unlike a schnauzer not to eat a pigs ear - hope she is ok.

Thanks schnauzer. She did eat it after a minute or two, but she refused to go on her bed. She is due to be groomed next week, but is groomed every 6-7 weeks so she doesn't have too much coat. She is scratching a fair bit. We went to the botanical gardens this morning (early before the heat) so maybe she walked in something? I'd take her to the emergency vet just to have her checked out but the car is boiling.

How do I take her temp? She is fear aggressive pers, very few people who shell let approach her in her home. She ate dinner (slowly) and has settled down. If she doesn't perk up when it cools down I'll take her to the emergency vet. I've put the water by her bed - now my back hurts like he'll!

I hate seeing them sick

oops...forgot to update. I took her to the vet on the 3rd Jan and she had a full look over (including her spine etc). She didn't have a temp and her lymph nodes were apparently normal. She was tired for the rest of the day (it was still hot) and then she bounced back.

She is back to her usual, norty self :). I'm suprised that the heat took so much out of her because she is a fit, young, healthy dog and I have air con!

oops...forgot to update. I took her to the vet on the 3rd Jan and she had a full look over (including her spine etc). She didn't have a temp and her lymph nodes were apparently normal. She was tired for the rest of the day (it was still hot) and then she bounced back.

She is back to her usual, norty self :). I'm suprised that the heat took so much out of her because she is a fit, young, healthy dog and I have air con!

That is good!

I think that little heat wave knocked a lot of people/animals about. Going from cool to hot like that is a bit painful. Loving the weather now.