If You Were Choosing A Breed On Looks Alone...

aussielover

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Above all lists! Finnish Lapphund (I was first attracted by the looks, then sucked in by the temperamental description!)

I have trouble cutting down from around 20 breeds, and many of the ones I love the looks of are either not suitable right now or would never be suitable for me, but on looks alone, in no particular order...

1. Siberian Husky

2. Akita

3. Old/working-style GSD

4. Weimeraner

5. Chow Chow

One of these things is not like the others :)

My absolute favourite of all time: Kerry Blue Terrier - fell in love years ago when i saw them on TV in Canada winning at some huge show over there.

Recently met one at a dog show - most beautiful coated dog. Too much grooming, too much dog :-( .. but stunning.

Do you remember who was handling him?

I'll leave off my two obvious favourites - greyhounds and borzoi - and go with breeds that I will probably never own but LOVE the look of:

In no particular order:

Bloodhound

German Shepherd/ White Shepherd

Shiba Inu

Samoyed

Field Spaniel (specifically, PooCow's Morgan :love: )

On looks alone...

1) Saluki - has been for as long as I can remember! From the first time I saw a Saluki in a dog breed book, I have loved them. If I could have a Doberman in a Saluki body, I would be in heaven :p

2) Bullmastiff

3) Italian Greyhound

4) Doberman

5) Hmm... Papillon perhaps...

Guest RosieFT

My absolute favourite of all time: Kerry Blue Terrier - fell in love years ago when i saw them on TV in Canada winning at some huge show over there.

Recently met one at a dog show - most beautiful coated dog. Too much grooming, too much dog :-( .. but stunning.

Do you remember who was handling him?

I actually got her name and kept it for while until i gave myself a wake up shake and decided i could never own one and i threw it out. It was in Perth at DogsWest show on 19th Feb 2011 (i know this as i checked an email from a friend, i went with her to look at Havanese as a breed for her!) It was a young dog (still a gorgeous black) and the woman was so friendly, so lovely and such a good advocate for the breed. She brought the dog out of the crate and let me play and admire him. She talked to me in depth with my concerns re temperament of the breed. I really appreciated her time. I am pretty sure the breeder was Bubaboo but did not get the dog's name. I was *this* close to being serious about getting one.

Edited by RosieFT

• 2 months later...

I'll step outside sighthounds and other ectomorphic breeds.

Bloodhound

Bracco Italiano

Redbone Coonhound

Segugio Italiano

Italian Spinone

Bit of a theme there I reckon ;)

Edited by Telida Whippets