Sign in to follow this  
Her Majesty Dogmad

Wire Haired Male Fox Terrier On Death Row (aged 8yrs)

12 posts in this topic

Is there anyone on the forum who'd be interested in this boy? I am happy to go and pick him up, test him with other dogs etc.

He looks purebred to me. Some other rescuers have tried breeders to no avail.

He's in Hawkesbury Pound (which is very full) and due this week.

If anyone is interested, please pm me.

Doggie Rescue had one of those in last year; he was gorgeous and loved to play ball. Took a while for him to find a home, though.

I can't help but wishing him the best of luck. :crossfingers:

FranVT   

This makes me so sad. We had a WHFT growing up named Fergus, he was a delight and taught me all about how to treat dogs correctly and respectfully. Crossing my fingers for him.

Edit: Made the mistake of looking at him in the thread :cry: Am actually quite tearful, he looks just like Fergus, how could someone give him up!? This is why I don't look in the rescue section :cry:

Edited by FranCQ

Sheridan   

Has anyone emailed all the breeders listed on DOL about this boy? Wire fox terriers are fairly rare these days and it's quite possible that he's come from a registered breeder and even if no one knows him, a breeder with a conscience would surely take him on. There are two listed in NSW.

Edited by Sheridan

Cat   

Hopefully the breeder or the club will be able to help him if he has not already been adopted (I couldn't see him on the pound site anymore). He is a cutie. I love beardy terriers so was terribly tempted but don't really have the room.

Thanks for looking out for him thumbsup1.gif

Darkrai   

Dogmad, do you know how the outcome turned out? Didn't know this thread was here lol

I saw him too & he reminded me so much of my Auntys beautiful WHFT 'Jack' who was adopted from a pound too. I really hope it's good news for this boy!!

Sheridan   

I posted this on FB and via someone in the US via someone locally, I've been told that his owner picked him up.

Would be great to get confirmation, though, if Dogmad has heard anything?