Endurance Test 2012

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l'll certainly do Alton again, l really liked that course. l'll probably do one at KCC too l am thinking 2 early in the season (with the girls incase anyone comes in season like last year) and then the two boys late in the season that way l get the girls finished and can concentrate on the boys.

l won't do Canberra again.

Could someone give me a website that explains ET and what needs to be done?? Would like to look into it with my std poodle boy :)

Thanks!

Hi jrm88,

I have competed in 9 ET's and am also an ET judge. Go to my website www.abbiestar.net and click on the "Endurance Test" page.

There is a full description of all that is involved in the test.

Feel free to ask me any questions if there is anything of which you are not sure.

M

l'll certainly do Alton again, l really liked that course. l'll probably do one at KCC too l am thinking 2 early in the season (with the girls incase anyone comes in season like last year) and then the two boys late in the season that way l get the girls finished and can concentrate on the boys.

l won't do Canberra again.

Hi SS,

Altona is a great course. Probably the best course and the best run ET out of all the Victorian ET's. (Wells done to the GSDCV)

Only the GSDCV use this venue. KCC can be very wet under foot and the weather on the day can play havoc with trying to complete the test. That said, it is a level ground with lots of paved areas on the course.

Dally club hold theirs at Tatterson Park in Keysborough. The course is OK, lots of gravel and shared with small amounts of traffic. Again, can be wet if the weather is inclement.

I actually like Canberra. It is a bit hilly and a bit more interesting as a course with the different levels of ground to cover.

I never heard whether the ET at sale went ahead last year. Apparently there were only 2 entries so I don't know whether the club abandoned the test. Anybody know?

M

l would have been aiming for Sale but like you not sure if it went ahead.

l found at the Canberra ET we moved alot faster, there was no time keeper like at Altona the rider at the front set pace. l'm not sure if the judge makes their own course but we circled the horse yards which ment twice we were overtaking the dogs at the end making it abit crazy as it's only a small area plus it was hard for the dogs to stay in rhythm. At the uphill parts some dogs slowed down or their riders did causing a back up everytime. Two dogs had pad injures / blood, part of the course l would not train my dogs on the ground was very rough.

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

Hi Rebanne,

welcome to the ET thread. Have you competed in ET's before?

M

yes 2, once with a GSD, once with a crossbreed who is still with me and coming up to 15, so it's been a while :rofl:

eta just remembered where I did the ET, it was at Knox. 2 years in a row.

Edited by Rebanne

yes 2, once with a GSD, once with a crossbreed who is still with me and coming up to 15, so it's been a while :rofl:

The test has not changed too much since you last competed in one. Hope you will do so this year! :)

M

This may be a completely silly question, but has anyone found that pink paw pads need special treatment when training for the ET? My girl's paw pads are all pink and much softer than my boy's which are black, even though she is exercised on a bunch of different surfaces including concrete.

The test has not changed too much since you last competed in one. Hope you will do so this year! :)

M

was going to have a go a couple of years ago with my greyhound but I injured myself. Are the dates and venues out yet for Victoria?